Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
jodatu86 said:
Just wondering opinions/preferences on exhausts. I plan on ordering on to go along with an Airad CAI and throtle body spacer. Thanks in advance.
If your doing this for added performance, spend your hard earned $$ on something like suspension or armor. These add on parts aren't worth doing, unless you just like louder exhaust and the sound of air rushing into your intake.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I wanted to relocate my exhaust to make room for an air tank in place of the stock muffler. I didn't find anything appealing after a lot of searching but eventually pulled the trigger on a Dynomax off road muffler that replaces the stock resonator on the drivers side. Got a quote for $180 to install and weld it which is crazy since I already removed the muffler and had the Dynomax. Then decided I didn't want it welded to make a quick swap easy if it was crushed on a trail. All I needed was a saws all and metal blade, clamps, an adapter on the input and dump for the exit. It sounds really good and has a nice rumble and throaty sound. I've got about 1000 miles on it and it has opened up nicely. I want a cold air intake and think it will help. I did the same on my 2010 Camaro and was very impressed by the butt dyno. I just can't find a CAI I'm thrilled about. The intake needs to be out of the engine bay and away from all that heat on a 2012. I had an Injen on the Camaro and the pipe was located in front of the drivers tire out of the engine. It's the only way to realize any gains, which is why I guess no one is reporting much success yet.

Let me know how yours turns out. I may just put this cash towards a RIPP supercharger if it's ever released for the 3.6L.

·
Premium Member
10,296 Posts
Just wondering opinions/preferences on exhausts. I plan on ordering on to go along with an Airad CAI and throtle body spacer. Thanks in advance.
If I were you I'd keep those stock... you'll never feel any appreciable gain and you'll introduce risks. What will an open exhaust, CAI and TB spacer do without a tune?

If you have a 2012 or newer, you're asking for trouble.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
None of these. This is about $600 or more of mis-spent money. If all you want is a "little rumble" then go for it but that's all your getting and IMO $600 is too much for a "little rumble"

-Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.