Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question in the title... I just dread to think that at some point the glue between the insulator and the roof will become all gooey and it will become loose and fall

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is subjective and everyone has their favs. I have the mopar headliners. Have had them on for about a month. Some notice it makes the Jeep quieter. I don't notice any difference in noise. Still the same to me. Since I purchased my Jeep in Oct I won't know if they help keep the Jeep cooler in the summer time because I have no experience with or without them in the summer. I just bought them from the reviews I read. So I'm just gonna hope they work as everyone says. But hey, I do like the look of the inside now. Lol

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Question in the title... I just dread to think that at some point the glue between the insulator and the roof will become all gooey and it will become loose and fall
Hot Heads Headliners. Go for the premium version.

Whatever you decide, they should mount using 3M automotive double sided tape which is not affected by heat.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
As already mentioned, those are the Top two contenders (probably) Both use the 3M tape.
Strong? Try getting them off....

I have the Mopars, they are in Jeep #3 now.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If it's about the heat, paint the roof white. For noise, tires and floor is the issue.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I had the Mopars installed with my 2016 Willys. One thing I did notice, this winter, after a light couple inches of snow, the snow stayed on top of the hardtop in the pattern where the liners were. The areas without the liner (around the edges)the snow was melting.It was funny, you could see exactly where the headliners were. So, whatever one you choose, they do seem to insulate temps.. And I also noticed, rain pelting down, doesn't sound as deafening. My 2012 didn't have the liners, so I did notice some good points with them. I like them so far and all pieces are tight.

·
Registered
983 Posts
SpiderWebShade shadecage. The air below the mesh stays cool while the mesh blocks the IR heat from above. And when you take the top off - you've still got shade. Two birds, so to speak.

·
Registered
230 Posts
As already mentioned, those are the Top two contenders (probably) Both use the 3M tape.
Strong? Try getting them off....

I have the Mopars, they are in Jeep #3 now.
I think I read on Hot Heads site they maybe giving the option of 3M velcro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts