Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '13 JKU 4dr. I want to get some opinions on the best lift for my vehicle. I don't want to go overboard and I dont want to buy something that isnt enough when it comes to ride quality, looks, price..etc.

I'd also like to know any big differences between budget boost, coil lifts, leveling kits..etc.

The end objective is to run 35" tires on 17" wheels.

(I live in Florida so it's mostly for show and semi-flat trails)

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I have a '13 JKU 4dr. I want to get some opinions on the best lift for my vehicle. I don't want to go overboard and I dont want to buy something that isnt enough when it comes to ride quality, looks, price..etc.

I'd also like to know any big differences between budget boost, coil lifts, leveling kits..etc.

The end objective is to run 35" tires on 17" wheels.

(I live in Florida so it's mostly for show and semi-flat trails)
I'm sure you'll still have questions, but read this first and come back looking for more detail.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/newbys-guide-to-lifting-your-jk-298665.html

Suggestions:

1. Don't try to do it cheap.
2. Don't go too big for what you need.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,868 Posts
What exactly are your end goals for the Jeep? Like it was stated, if you're not adding armor then a budget boost that uses spacers or a level kit would do just fine without changing much. If you're set on a coil lift and plan to add armor, I would look at a 2.5 lift with geometry correction brackets or lower control arms. The newbie guide posted above is an excellent resource for you to dig through. Feel free to ask if you have any additional questions.

Jeremy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the end goal is really just some sort of lift and 35" tires and 17" wheels. No armor or anything like that. We may do a front bumper but no winch.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Based on what you have said and it sounds like serious off road isn't in the mix, I'll give you a recommendation. As mentioned above, spacer lifts are great for what you are doing.

2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit for 07-15 Jeep JK Wrangler | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

After that is installed, have an alignment shop check your caster and if it is too low, put on these.

AEV Conversions NTH20410AD - AEV Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I would also eventually upgrade the shocks too with some Rancho's or Bilstein's...

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, the rough country 2.5 lift and price is blowing my mind. I was really thinking it would be just under 1,000 to do it. Game changer!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
A 2.5" spacer lift would do well for your needs, no need to spend over $1000 on a lift just for looks

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Wow, the rough country 2.5 lift and price is blowing my mind. I was really thinking it would be just under 1,000 to do it. Game changer!
It's really a decent kit and includes a lot of the parts that other budget boosts leave off. It's got sway bar links, rear track bar bracket and brake line extensions that make it a pretty complete kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Yeah- I just added the RC 2.5 suspension with their 2.2 shocks, dual steering stabilizers (figured now rather than later), sway bar quck disconnects and what the heck...the RC front skid plate to remove the nasty plastic one and came out at $952.00 installed. I am happy with it :iamhappy:

·
Registered
11 Posts
plus if you can install yourself....definitley save. thats where I fall short as I am always on the go so $290.00 labor resulting in $952.00 (in case you wanted figures) GL!

·
Registered
64 Posts
All I can tell you is that I had a rough country lift and it made my ride unbearable. It made my jeep almost dangerous to drive. So I went to High Lift and had a new Rock Krawler 2.5 flex lift with Fox 2.0 shocks. Now the ride is just like a stock jeep save your money and get a good lift right off the back.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
All I can tell you is that I had a rough country lift and it made my ride unbearable. It made my jeep almost dangerous to drive. So I went to High Lift and had a new Rock Krawler 2.5 flex lift with Fox 2.0 shocks. Now the ride is just like a stock jeep save your money and get a good lift right off the back.
It's a spacer lift and he's not doing the RC shocks... There's nothing to make it a "bad lift" in the set up he is considering. A 2.5" spacer on stock springs is a 2.5" spacer, doesn't matter what brand it is.

The RC spring lifts with RC shocks? I agree with you.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
It's a spacer lift and he's not doing the RC shocks... There's nothing to make it a "bad lift" in the set up he is considering. A 2.5" spacer on stock springs is a 2.5" spacer, doesn't matter what brand it is. The RC spring lifts with RC shocks? I agree with you.
Agree, a friend added AEV brackets with the RC bb. Jeep drove nice.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Agree, a friend added AEV brackets with the RC bb. Jeep drove nice.
Yea, I can't help but think this combo could be the best bang for the buck in budget boost's... Less than $300 with caster correction, track bar bracket, brake line brackets and sway bar links! Sweet.

:bop:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts