1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Tune up, defiantly a good tune up!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I added a 12 volt power outlet to my interior so I could plug in a GPS or an MP3 player or whatever. It cost me under 10 bucks for the outlet, fuse holder, terminals, etc. :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
I put air in my tires.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I added a 12 volt power outlet to my interior so I could plug in a GPS or an MP3 player or whatever. It cost me under 10 bucks for the outlet, fuse holder, terminals, etc. :D
is there advantages to DIY over buying an inverter?

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
You wouldnt happen to have a write up on how you did yours do you? Maybe a couple pics? Been thinking of doing this myself.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Took an old window switch that I've had laying around for years and ran some wires to my winch. I now have a lighted winch controller on my dash. Cut a piece of ABS plastic to mount it to the center dash piece since I don't use my 4wd light.

·
Registered
690 Posts
is there advantages to DIY over buying an inverter?
Huh?

I need something to power the inverter first. :drinks:

You wouldnt happen to have a write up on how you did yours do you? Maybe a couple pics? Been thinking of doing this myself.
I hadn't really thought about doing that. I suppose I could. The install was pretty simple though. There were some available circuits in my fuse block that weren't being used, so I picked one and ran 14 gauge wire into the cabin and a line back for the return. You could probably ground to body, but I prefer to ground back to battery/asd when possible. I had to drill a hole in the firewall, and used a rubber grommet to keep the wires safe. The wires are also protected by some convolute in the engine bay from firewall to fuse block. There is a 7 or 10 amp fuse on the power wire. Fuse needed will depend on how much power you need and wire gauge. I already had the terminals and wire on hand, the outlet itself cost me about 6 bucks I think. I mounted the outlet under the radio.

Now running my Garmin or charging my phone is possible. Or, if I need AC, I can get that inverter :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts