Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 430 and 430 n units made before and after 2011. I know the newer have anti theft but are there other differences? I'm looking to replace my stock 130 but want to know what I need before trying to find one to buy. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
Any of the Wrangler stock units suck in my opinion. Go aftermarket.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Don't know for sure but I think the 430n has navigation and the 430 doesn't, if you buy a nav unit you'll also need an antenna for it about $20.00 - $30.00.

They're listed here

Owners - Quality - Media Center 430N (RHB)

It looks like there are 3 430's, RHB, RBZ, REN

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Anti-theft and maybe some software updates. But technially, there were no 430's (non nav) for the Wrangler's until 2014. So if you are getting one out of another vehicle that is +2011, it might have the wrong back lighting color (blue instead of green).

You have to go back to 2009 or so to find other real differences.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anti-theft and maybe some software updates. But technially, there were no 430's (non nav) for the Wrangler's until 2014. So if you are getting one out of another vehicle that is +2011, it might have the wrong back lighting color (blue instead of green).

You have to go back to 2009 or so to find other real differences.
This is good information. I didn't realize it wasn't offered in the wrangler before this year. I wonder if any of the other Chrysler vehicles had green backlighting

·
Registered
86 Posts
There are aftermarket interface that connect to some radios allowing steering control. Alpine and Sony head units have models capable to work with the interface.
I replaced the Harley Davidson head unit with Alpine CDE 149 BT with the interface unit all my remote handlebar controls work as stock radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts