Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between a 265/75/15 and a 31x10.5/15? I know there is a slight difference in size, but what about composition? Will the 265 not hold up as well on the trail? I do mostly on road driving with some trails thrown in when I can. I'm looking for an AT tire and have my eye on Falken High Country and Cooper Discoverer AT3...I was looking at Duratracs and AT KO's and then I realized that money doesn't grow on trees :/ although I'm open for suggestions regarding good values. Any help would be appreciated here.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
265/75/15 doesn't exist

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
oh wow cool.. learned something there..

in the case of manny tires they aren't exact to what they are listed. So a 31x10.5/15 might be a little taller or shorter as well as a little wider or thiner. The 265/75/15 is basically a 30.5x10.5/15 so the difference is minor at that. The tire of the same make in both of those sizes should be made in the same fashion so you will not gain anything punture resistent wise from one over the other. don't know much about the Falken High Country but the Cooper AT3 is a nice mid range AT that will serve you well on the street.

As to the prices I know the prices on the duratracs and bfg at ko's aren't that bad but I guess it all depends on what you want to spend. I know both the duratracs and at3's are around 165 per tire on the 31x10.5/15's. So your not really saving on one vs the other at least in that case..

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I had heard and don't know if it is still in effect--that there was a tread lightly discount on the Duratracs--I wished I had known when I bought my BFG's almost exact same price---before discount!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts