Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between a 2012 wrangler sport an sporst s package? Thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
Its easy to look on the Jeep site and they list the "standard" items for the Sport and then for the Sport with the "S" package. I forget all the goodies but its worth getting IMHO. Leather wheel, Air, bigger wheels & tires, some other toys. If your using yours (like mine) as a DD the Sport "S" is the way to go. MHO.

·
Registered
278 Posts
WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT
Hill Start Assist
Electronic Roll Mitigation
Front and Rear Floor Mats
Next Generation Dana® 30 Solid Front Axle
Next Generation Dana® 44 Heavy Duty Rear Axle
Full Metal Doors with Roll-up Windows
Sunrider® Soft Top
Air Conditioning
Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Fog Lamps
Speed Control
Tilt Steering Column
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Two Front Tow Hooks and One Rear Tow Hook
Power Convenience Group

WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT S
Hill Start Assist
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Power Heated Mirrors
Sunrider® Soft Top
Remote Keyless Entry
Air Conditioning
Power Locks
Power Windows with Front One-Touch-Down Feature
Fog Lamps
Security Alarm
Speed Control
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Tilt Steering Column
Right-Hand-Drive Rural Letter Carrier
Power Convenience Group

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
I searched long a hard to find a *sport* - did not want the electronics of roll up windows, heated mirrors etc...

Mine came with all the sport *s* stuff except:
Leather wrapped steering wheel (I bought the katskinz or (sp) and did it myself
Power Locks and Windows
Power Convenience Group
Boom box thing in the back (I REALLY did not want that - need the room)
and Keyless Entry
Yes, the tire/wheels were smaller, I negotiated upgraded wheels/tires - that I promptly took off and sold...

·
Registered
704 Posts
WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT S
Hill Start Assist
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Power Heated Mirrors
Sunrider® Soft Top
Remote Keyless Entry
Air Conditioning
Power Locks
Power Windows with Front One-Touch-Down Feature
Fog Lamps
Security Alarm
Speed Control
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Tilt Steering Column
Right-Hand-Drive Rural Letter Carrier
Power Convenience Group
Does this mean that you have to drive the Sport "S" like a Brit and/or a mailman from the right side?

·
Registered
278 Posts
MarineHawk said:
Does this mean that you have to drive the Sport "S" like a Brit and/or a mailman from the right side?
Haaaaaaa I never noticed that! I have NO CLUE what that could mean, does anyone? I have a Sport S and the last I knew I was not a mail lady.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I do ;)

I'm the resident RHD guy. If you buy a RHD jeep new, you get base model only. You cannot add, remove, customize, etc.

Having rural carrier listed under S package is saying that if you want a RHD jeep, you're getting a sport S, and that's that.

Apparently that's changed recently, because for 2010, I got sport base. Sport S makes more sense though, because most rural carriers live in em. (I am not and never have been a rural carrier, I'm just odd)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I searched long a hard to find a *sport* - did not want the electronics of roll up windows, heated mirrors etc...

Mine came with all the sport *s* stuff except:
Leather wrapped steering wheel (I bought the katskinz or (sp) and did it myself
Power Locks and Windows
Power Convenience Group
Boom box thing in the back (I REALLY did not want that - need the room)
and Keyless Entry
Yes, the tire/wheels were smaller, I negotiated upgraded wheels/tires - that I promptly took off and sold...

It also depends on if you are talking 2 door or 4 door Sport + S package. The 2 door does not have the power items and the deep tint sunscreen where the 4 door S package does. Also the subwoofer in the back is totally separate. It's part of the Infinity speaker package.

·
Registered
818 Posts
flyinion said:
It also depends on if you are talking 2 door or 4 door Sport + S package. The 2 door does not have the power items and the deep tint sunscreen where the 4 door S package does. Also the subwoofer in the back is totally separate. It's part of the Infinity speaker package.
Hmmm...dunno bout that, my 12 2 door sport s has all the power goodies. N does say deep tinted glass on sticker but doesn't seem as dark as others I've seen!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hmmm...dunno bout that, my 12 2 door sport s has all the power goodies. N does say deep tinted glass on sticker but doesn't seem as dark as others I've seen!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't get them on the 2 door. They're just separate options from the S package for the 2 door. If you go to the Jeep site's build tool you'll see options for "deep tint sunscreen" and "power & convenience group".

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think that is correct I have both AND the pwr & conv group. I have looked at a Sport with and without the "S" package. For the moey I thought the "S" package well worth it.....besides the ONLY Sahara Tan I could find with a H/T & 6 spd was already built and sitting in the lot waiting for me :).

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think getting the regular Sport also limits the options you can add severely. For example I think you have to get the Sport S to get the Infinity radio, seat mounted side air bags, power windows, etc.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I think getting the regular Sport also limits the options you can add severely. For example I think you have to get the Sport S to get the Infinity radio, seat mounted side air bags, power windows, etc.
Hmm that pretty much looks to be accurate. The only oddity I found is that on a 4 door base Sport the Infinity IS an option where it's not on the 2 door. Either can get the XM radio upgrade though. Strange.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts