Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Okay sounds good-but I didn't know they made a wrangler 2wd-or my Sport originally had full hard doors-or are those options and things that could have been changed by the order?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
single major difference I recall was you could not get a dana 44 axle in the x and the sport you could.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
^^X 3000

My sport has half doors. Go to a dealer with your VIN, they'll give you a sheet telling you everything it came with. I think Sports can come stripped, but they all have the 4.0 motor.

·
Brewing, Skiing & Jeeps..
549 Posts
Interesting the '05 x I just purchased came with full doors and air conditioning....basically a sport model
Yes...I think that the X can be matched with most of the Sport options, but there are more items (such as the Dana 44 rear axle) that you can get with the Sport.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
sounds to me like you could equip them both alike when ordered new making the sticker the only real difference that I can see .I thought the X replaced the Sport at one time so it would sound like something new and different for sales then in a few years bring the Sport back making it sound like something new , Sales ploy I bet

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
The X was not a ploy and it did not replace the Sport. The Sport was 97-06. The X was an entry level model with the 6 cylinder and was 02-06. Yes you could add many of the options that were standard on the Sport but it would wind up costing more than the sport.

2002 Jeep Wrangler X - Road Test Review - Truck Trend

The Wrangler X model slots in between the base model and the Sport and is the least expensive way to get the 4.0L inline-six. You can modify a Wrangler, but we prefer factory power without messing with suspension, brakes, axles, and all those other unimportant components.

In addition to the engine, the X comes with a rear seat, cloth upholstery, and a stereo cassette. The tab on ours was further inflated by a limited-slip for the rear axle, aluminum wheels, and five 225 tires, a CD player with seven speakers, A/C, and three tow hooks (for $60). One important note: If you want the Dana 44 rear axle, 30-in. tires, and off-road packaging, you need a Sport or Sahara

·
Registered
718 Posts
im looking at an 05 x. Has the ac, and alloy wheels, but still half doors, and comes with a new sail cloth soft top. Id say its better then my 99 sport I had last year... maby?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts