Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies upfront I know this subject has been talked about before, but i'm having a lot of trouble trying to decide what type of tire to put on my stock JK. I want to go with a bigger tire but not sure how big I can go. I'd like to do general grabbers 265 70 17 but not sure if they will rub can someone please help me?

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
My apologies upfront I know this subject has been talked about before, but i'm having a lot of trouble trying to decide what type of tire to put on my stock JK. I want to go with a bigger tire but not sure how big I can go. I'd like to do general grabbers 265 70 17 but not sure if they will rub can someone please help me?
Typically, the 275/70-17 fits 95% of Jeeps without any issues. Not a huge selection in that size, but there are a couple of C rated in there. The others are E's... Might not bother you, but some people take issue with the E rated tires. No issue for me.

Read: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/largest-tire-on-stock-jk-heres-your-answer-142837.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. If 275 70 17 have no issues then I guess I'll go with the 265 70 17 grabber AT2's because they are about $100 cheaper.

·
Registered
615 Posts
265/70/17's will be about 1" wider than factory and about 1/2 shorter. Some will howl about them being a little shorter than factory, but you'll never notice. The greater width creates the illusion that they are bigger than they really are.

That size is a lot more common and generally priced significantly less. That is the way I went. It wasn't worth $200 or more to get a tire 1/2"-1" taller.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I looked around for duratracs but they are on back order till mid March. I can't wait that long.

Just putting this out there I tried the KO2 and did NOT like the ride at all before I went 35s. They road like wagon wheels even at 30psi I tried the 275/70r17s

Just food for thought

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,676 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
265/70/17's will be about 1" wider than factory and about 1/2 shorter. Some will howl about them being a little shorter than factory, but you'll never notice. The greater width creates the illusion that they are bigger than they really are. That size is a lot more common and generally priced significantly less. That is the way I went. It wasn't worth $200 or more to get a tire 1/2"-1" taller.
will I need spacers to run that tire? I'm keeping the stock rims.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I LOVE my K02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts