Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I walk by my front passenger wheel well I see this silver tube tucked away at the back near the frame. It's not metal, it's more of a silvery insulation that surrounds something round.

I've been wondering about this since I got my '16 JK last winter... I tried to dig around today, but I can't really see where it starts or ends.

Anyone know what this tube for???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it new. It came like that from the factory.

I've got a twisted knee right now, but once the ache goes away, I'll dig out my garage floor creeper and see if I can trace it back....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Do you have a 7-pin trailer harness? Kind of looks like the Mopar one I just installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I've be got an 09, so it could very well be completely different if you've got a 12 and up with different interior and engine/transmission. That said, mine is a wiring harness, with the black cover, and at that section the silver part is actually a heat shield/fire tape type of covering. Most likely for exhaust manifold heat.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I looked under the Jeep tonight and it appears to be the loom running to the rear wheel sensors. The silver heat shield wrap is only on the loom at that spot you can see as it passes by the exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts