Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so looking over more of my motor(6 cylinder), I came across this and wondered what it was. Its next to something that looks to be egr valve(to the left of it).
Whoever had it the clip broke and they have it hanging by a zip tie which doesnt seem to be a bad fix for it. Not sure if its flopping around thought while driving and it has electronic connections? hooked up to it so I was wondering if its going to break or not.
What is it and whats it do?

Is the other part to the left an egr valve?

·
Registered
15,688 Posts
Don't see any other part unless you mean the rubber mount for the evap system solenoid

No EGR but do see the evap system component

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, Yes it was getting dark out and I was in a hurry. Sorry for the bad photo. Is that evap solenoid suppose to be hanging on by a zip tie? Is it okay to let it like that? Wont bounce around and break?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Thanks guys, Yes it was getting dark out and I was in a hurry. Sorry for the bad photo. Is that evap solenoid suppose to be hanging on by a zip tie? Is it okay to let it like that? Wont bounce around and break?
No, Maybe, Probably not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts