Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No offense to anyone that has an angry bird grill. I actually think they look good with some set ups, But its not for me. I was hoping to find a reasonably priced black or dark grill, but almost all of the ones under $200 are angry bird. And some companies even have 2 or 3 different versions of angry bird grills but no other alternative. Why is a child's game so popular on a Jeep accessory?

·
Registered
604 Posts
just like everything else manufacturers make what people buy, may as well ask why is there a McDonalds on every corner...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Angry birds has been around as a game since late 2009. If you look at one of the big demographic groups of jeep drivers (20ish) it is fairly clear they were in prime gaming age when angry birds hit. I imagine if someone came up with a clever cultural reference for jeep add ons that appealed to 50 year olds that product would take off as well. Just a thought.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Angry birds has been around as a game since late 2009. If you look at one of the big demographic groups of jeep drivers (20ish) it is fairly clear they were in prime gaming age when angry birds hit. I imagine if someone came up with a clever cultural reference for jeep add ons that appealed to 50 year olds that product would take off as well. Just a thought.
Like the grumper😂 those are worse than an angry bird all day long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I would have to order a yellow Big Bird grill. Maybe accented with yellow feathers. Or a cabbage patch grill. I don't see those going over too well

·
Registered
261 Posts
As a pre-teen in the early '60s, a joystick had a completely different purpose. :lmao: :censored: :bottom:

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
No offense to anyone that has an angry bird grill. I actually think they look good with some set ups, But its not for me. I was hoping to find a reasonably priced black or dark grill, but almost all of the ones under $200 are angry bird. And some companies even have 2 or 3 different versions of angry bird grills but no other alternative. Why is a child's game so popular on a Jeep accessory?

If you want a black grill just pull your and paint it. Or you could use plasti-dip for a less permanent solution.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you want a black grill just pull your and paint it. Or you could use plasti-dip for a less permanent solution.
This or you can grab a grill off eBay for about $100 if you want to keep the other color matched.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the original factory chrome grill cover on mine. I'm going to remove it and look underneath. I will probably have to fix some rub and rust damage. I may repaint slightly darker than my silver. Or I just bought some dupli color ground coat and smoke metal cast spray to darken the chrome on another vehicle I have. I think I will try to give the chrome grill cover a smoke look.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Personally I can't see any change to a plain painted factory grill that would be an improvement....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Re: 50 year-olds, there could be the:

1. Wompus grill (300 baud modem anyone?)
  2. Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards grill (3.5" diskette heaven)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Those angry bird grills just don't fly with me, either. I think they really laid an egg with that design. It ruffles my feathers every time I see one.

Reactions: Beachguysc

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those angry bird grills just don't fly with me, either. I think they really laid an egg with that design. It ruffles my feathers every time I see one.
It seems that everyone is RAVEN about them, although I think it's a CARDINAL sin myself. The TURKEY that came up up with that concept really laid an EGG. But to each his own I guess, I'd be too CHICKEN to use one though. (Please excuse my FOWL language)

1 - 20 of 106 Posts