Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you going to do with your JK in the next few years? Once you pay it off, are you going to look into a JL? Are you just going to build up your JK?

What I think I'm going to do, is to keep my JK until it's paid for (2020) and by then, the JL's will be two years old. Bugs will (hopefully) have been worked out of the first year and we will have some more engine choices (diesel anyone?). I'm going to look into a fully loaded Rubicon. With my first (and current) JKU, I bought base model. Waaay base. 3.21 gears, only a hardtop really as extra. But the good news is that according to KBB, it's actually worth today on trade in, what I paid for it in 2014 (thanks Jeep for holding value!) So, I hope to have a nice little down payment for the new Jeep. Now that I know a lot more about Jeeps and what to look for, I hope to be able to build it to be what I want it to be.

Honestly, I am a little excited to see the 2018's. Fingers crossed that there's no degrading changes to the Wrangler's charisma & usefulness.

·
Registered
531 Posts
2020 JL Pickup Diesel (as long as its still a convertible)

·
Registered
237 Posts
My JKUR is five years old and has been paid for. Within the next five years it'll have 1 tons, 40s and a motor swap of some sort.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Plan on using my '17 JKU as a DD until it is paid off (~4-5 yrs), and doing minor mods. Once it is paid off i would like to get an a6 or s6 (preferably s6, obviously) as my DD, and then just really start going crazy with the JKU and keeping it as a weekender.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
A few more months and mine is paid off.

New tires, scheduled maintenance, along with more miles and trails. I've had enough of "modding" to build a "better" vehicle. It's expensive and there is always more money needed to build something "better" in a never ending quest.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few more months and mine is paid off.

New tires, scheduled maintenance, along with more miles and trails. I've had enough of "modding" to build a "better" vehicle. It's expensive and there is always more money needed to build something "better" in a never ending quest.
Yep. I pretty much have to keep mine stock height anyway, or else I can't get into my parking deck at work.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plan on using my '17 JKU as a DD until it is paid off (~4-5 yrs), and doing minor mods. Once it is paid off i would like to get an a6 or s6 (preferably s6, obviously) as my DD, and then just really start going crazy with the JKU and keeping it as a weekender.
Is it me or do Audi's seem to be abnormally popular with Jeepers as the "other" vehicle?

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
Mine is paid off, keep for at least 5 years and then replace with a JL.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Keep it and enjoy not having a car payment for the first time since 1995 (keep trading them in after 3-5 years). Keeping in mind its DD use, will be redirecting the monthly payment to mods that I don't have yet (assuming I don't have them still next March when final payment happens) like the rear control arms and trackbar, maybe a front axle swap or at least a regear if needed. Lockers, cargo rack, front bumper, flares, ARB or similar fridge. I doubt I'll have any of that before march since the next focus is rockhard skids and brake replacements/upgrades since the pads are getting low in the rear.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Currently it is rolling on 35s and the 5yr plan was 37s. But after considerations of cost to do it right, and it is doing just fine off road on 35s, it will probably stay on 35s. Even if the JL is Gods gift to the wheeling world, my plan is to keep the JK for as long as possible.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pay it off in the next 3 years, then maybe hand it down to my son, who will be driving age, then to his sister a couple of years later.

Or maybe I'll keep it for myself. Barring major damage or rust, it's all rebuildable, and those monthly payments should more than cover it.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Wheel it. Fix it if it breaks. Wheel it some more.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
With the amount of money I have sunk into my 2014 JKU with no possibility to recover it, I'm just going to keep adding parts and keep it another 10 years.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Don't have a 5 year plan, but my 10 year plan is to drive it, build it and then hand it over to my then 17 year old daughter to have as hers.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've already had my JKUR for ten years and I have no plans to replace it as long as it doesn't become a pain. So far I had it pretty good, 92 grand on the odometer. Very little problems and what problems I have had was fixed under the lifetime warranty. I also did my lift and everything else when It was still very new so I haven't really spent to much money on it since them. I have built another old Jeep though.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If things go to plan, my Jeep will be no different in five years than it is now. I tend to keep my vehicles a very long time.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts