Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
The Great White Jeep
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what your kit is based on. I use Chemical Guys products, and they are crazy good. Just looking to get me a foam cannon setup and require a good pressure washer to attach their foam cannon to.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have my foam cannon on a small electric model (1.5 gpm and I think 1600 PSI) - works great for the jeep and washing cars.
I run a belt drive 4000PSI, 5 GPM with steam for big jobs but it is way overkill for the Jeep normally and will strip stuff off you may want to keep on the jeep (like decals and such). The elec. turns on when I hit the trigger and back off when done so there is not concern about the pump still turning while you are hand washing and uses low GPM so easily run on any house water system without concerns of the pump caveating.

·
The Great White Jeep
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It would help if you listed the brand and model of the electric sprayer! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I have a cheap electric one from Harbor Freight. It works good but you have to buy adapters to get most foam cannons to hook up to it. Some of the pressure washer manufacturers don't use the common quick connect, so make sure what ever one you get hooks up to the foam cannon you get. The one I have there are links to adapters on amazon but I don't want to have to rig stuff up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I do not use chemicals and/or soaps to power wash my rigs. I do not power wash them either :( I have fluid films on them under chassis.

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
10,474 Posts
I purchased the Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer SPX3000 during Christmas.
2030 psi
1.76 gpm

I got it for around $100 during a promo. Regular price is $149 so its affordable either way.

Pros:
-just like the coin-op pressure washers i use to go to once a month for years
-moderate noise only when in use, otherwise its quiet.
-price friendly

Cons based on experience:
-Garden hose adapter slightly leaks, however this past Tuesday when cleaning my rental due to mud ... no issues with the leak.
-The water hose, the electric hose, and the spray hose ... its bound to get tangled when moving the unit around.

IMHO, the pros outweighs the cons.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I have the same one, and it works great. Bought it because another friend has one and likes it.

I use this foam cannon with it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074KHVXVN/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title

Works well as far as I can tell; this is the only foam cannon I have tried.

I mostly use the PW and FC on my Camaro because I am trying to keep it looking really nice. For the Jeep, I find myself mostly using the PW on the underside to get rid of the mud from wheeling. I can't remember now if I have used the foam cannon on the Jeep or not, but I am going to start doing so once things warm up here in New England.

·
The Great White Jeep
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts