Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I have a 190 thermostat. But in traffic it stays at 210.... What's your yj's at ... I know my rings are done and motor could be replaced, but I'll beat it till I'm stuck

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My thermostat is a 195 temp high flow and it usually stays there but it has a new pump new radiator new hoses and that new thermostat. Sitting in traffic could cause it to slightly overheat (my wifes car overheats bad when at idle) there is just not enough air flow with the fan to properly cool down the coolant through the radiator.. hince the rigs that do a lot of low speed crawls have a highflow electic fan. You could try doing a raidiator flush, most stores like napa or checkers have kits to do this, which would free up any junk that might be inhibiting a proper cooling to the engine.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
fluctuates between 200-210, back and forth... Up to 210, back down to 200. Up to 210, back down to 200...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'm gonna take my radiator off spray it out and off cause I have a little mud on it. Refill it with the flush treatment. And change my thermostat to a 185 . Drive it around for the recommended period then drain the fluid and mix the pre mixed 50/50 radiator fluid in and add a bottle of waterwetter. This should cool it down . But again I live in south fl so it's hot..

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Mines around 200-210 as I recall for the YJ . All tj's run 210 as well. Its normal.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay so I'm guessing at normal temp in decent outside temp like 80 degrees 90 200 210 in traffic is normal I'm satisfied with that

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine won't get over 150. I did flush I think I need to put a 190 stat in. I'm from Chicago and tonight it was 4 degrees out. I really need better heat. Gf doesn't like the fact you can see your breath in the air after driving for 30 min.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts