Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to chatting at the 4x4 club meeting tonight and I was amazing at the wildly varying MPGs (slightly embarrassed that my stock Jeep had worse than all of the off-road modded girls!) So I'm curious... Lets do a poll:

What's your MPG?
Year/Model/Engine?
DD or Off-Road toy (or other)?

·
Premium Member
6,913 Posts
There are many threads about this already. You can find the list if you do a search and type in "MPG" and have it search for the word in titles only (not the entire post).

Here's one of them: Show Your MPG

·
Registered
218 Posts
2015 JKUR. .410's and 35's. Auto. I get right at 15 mpg combined city and hwy according to trip computer. I have not hand calculated yet, mostly because I'm pretty sure I don't want to know the results.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
2015JKU. 37/12.50r17. 17mpg combined.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2012 JKU manuel trans: 18-20 mpg around town. 24.5 + or - mpg on trips. I'm pleasantly surprised and yes, I drive like an old lady too.

Muad Dib

·
Registered
844 Posts
What is my MPG?

No idea, I don't track it and never have in any vehicle I have owned.

What is the point? I buy my vehicles because I like them or they fill a need, not for their MPG or I would drive a Prius.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
15' with 3.21's and 35x12.5x20 Auto averaging 16.2MPG

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
with 3.21 I was averaging around 11 MPG on 35's put in 4.88 and a procal now im up to 15 on average Haven't made a highway trip yet though.

EDIT: I haven't had the top and doors on either since the upgrade lol

Grizzstang Prius is out dated, Tesla is the new name for GREEN. When you swap out those 19# injectors for 24+ on a 302 you didn't calculate the difference? something as simple as fuel mileage is an easy way to detect a problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
your MPG will vary a lot jeep to jeep. it depends on a lot of factors. 2dr/4dr, tire size, lift, armor, bumpers, 3.8. 3.6 V8 conv or SC, roof rack, RTTs, towing, being a lead foot, city vs highway, gearing and the list goes on........

i personally don't really care about MPGs. i didn't buy a jeep for gas mileage. i bought for the lifestyle if that means i stop at every gas station i see so be it. after all J.E.E.P stand for "just empty every pocket".

at roughly 5400lbs w/o me or gear in it

2011 JKUR 3.8 6speed RK 3.5" 37's bumpers slides skids winch,its my DD/toy i get about 12city( 3mile round trip to work) maybe 15 highway

·
Registered
81 Posts
Trip from California to Missiouri, I averaged 13.5 mi/gal. Speed limts in AZ, NM and TX were 75 mph so I set the cruise on 80. The Jeep was loaded with all of our junk. I can get 17 mpg highway @ 60 mph.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
19-20 mpgs with 3.73 gears city driving. I also keep my stock tires at 35 PSI though

·
Registered
539 Posts
What is my MPG?

No idea, I don't track it and never have in any vehicle I have owned.

What is the point? I buy my vehicles because I like them or they fill a need, not for their MPG or I would drive a Prius.
Amen brother!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts