Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do y'all have in your tj for sound system!? i want to do some more upgrades but i am not sure so post what you got!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Polk audio speakers all the way around, with 4 channel amp. Basslink in the rear which is nice and compact with built in amp. Make sure run your wires correctly to prevent feedback noise.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Rockfords in the dash and sound bar custom built windshield speaker pod with alphasonics one 12" hifonics sub powered by a Rockford r500-1. plan is to go to all rockford

·
Registered
921 Posts
RF 5.25 in dash, RF 6.5 and RF tweeters in the sound bar, powered from a RF 5 channel amp under the back seat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kenwood Excelon Head Unit, Alpine R Series 6 1/2 in Soundbar & 4x6 in the dash, Kicker CVT Sub in console, running off Kenwood Excelon 5 ch amp mounted under rear seat.

Have also heard great things @ the Polk db speakers. Sounds like a better deal for the $ than what I have above.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Alpine CDA-9813 head unit, Infinity Reference 4x6 in the dash, Polk MOMO 6 3/4" components in the overhead. Polk MOMO 75w x 4 Amp. The radio runs the front speakers and the amp runs the components. Its a 9 year old system and I can't believe it still runs great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Polk DBs front n rear. Kenwood excellon head. Alpine type S 10" sub. 5ch alpine amp. Couldnt ask for much better considering the speaker locations.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I am completely new and learning this whole speaker thing. I've looked at a bunch of threads on this already but is this doable and good enough to make my stock setup sound better?

I currently have a Pioneer DEH-X6600BT CD Receiver with all stock speakers. Wanted to get Polk DB521 for the front speakers and Polk Audio DB651 for the soundbar. Would this improve at all or is it not enough? Do I need an amp?

·
Registered
650 Posts
So I am completely new and learning this whole speaker thing. I've looked at a bunch of threads on this already but is this doable and good enough to make my stock setup sound better?

I currently have a Pioneer DEH-X6600BT CD Receiver with all stock speakers. Wanted to get Polk DB521 for the front speakers and Polk Audio DB651 for the soundbar. Would this improve at all or is it not enough? Do I need an amp?
I just bought those very speakers and will install this weekend. I have stock HU. Also got the kicker sub that replaces the factory console unit. No amp yet, so I will let you know what I think. Honestly, they have to sound better than stock....

·
Registered
671 Posts

That will definitely upgrade your sound quality. Don't forget to get the speaker adaptor for the fronts and be sure you pay attention to the polarity of the speaker wires. Adding an amp will further improve sound quality and also allow the speakers to sound louder without distortion. (It does more but that's the simple answer)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I run an Alpine CDE-HD148BT (or as of this weekend I will... replacing my other Alpine with it), Alpine Power Pack amp, Polk DB521 in the front, DB651S in the rear, a Pioneer mono amp under the seat powering a 10" Elemental Design sub.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I put the new Dx521s in the front tonight. They replaced the stock 7 speaker system infinity speakers. Took all of 15 minutes with the wire adapters, brackets, and baffles from amazon. Big improvement for sure, more bass and very clear vs stock. Can't wait to get the rears and sub in. image-2112116837.jpg Stock front image-263166851.jpg

·
Registered
294 Posts
Jvc head unit. (Previous owner). 4x6 Memphis m class, front. 6.5" memphis m class in sound bar. Rockford fosgate 500x4 amplifier. I'm working on a forward facing 8" subwoofer enclosure to fit under the dash in line with the space between the center console to the firewall. (Will likely use a Memphis/ Rockford combination there as well)
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
1. PERFORMANCE TEKNIQUE ICBM-SATLITE 7" Automobile Digital Panel TFT Touch Screen, In-Dash One Din, DVD/CD/MP3/MP4/WMA Player,AM/FM MPX Radio, Built-In GPS,USA/MEXICO/CANADA Maps Included, USB Port/SD Card Interface, AUX, BLUETOOTH, EqualizerSteering, Dual Zone, CC LED Fully Motorized/Detachable Front Panel
2. Clarion EQS746 7-Band Rotary, 1/2 din
3. MTX Audio Thunderform Subwoofer JWTJ97T20-T45 2-10" MTX subs, 4 ohms Loaded Vehicle Specific (Tan color)
4. 4-5.25" CDT Coaxial Speakers, 110wattsRMS
5. Alpine PDX V9 5 Channel Amp 100wattsRMS (4)x 500watts RMS sub channel
6. Custom Cell Phone Mount

1 - 20 of 124 Posts