Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
I have a 98 and have installed the following

Center console from a 2005 with sub and upgraded the sub to the kicker 40cwrt672
Changed front 4x6 to the 7 speaker pods. Will be replacing the speakers in the pods soon.
Soundbar still has stock speakers
Head unit I pulled from a 2007 Durango and installed. It is an RAQ model.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Pioneer head unit and 6 1/2s over head, just got the brackets and will be moving the old infiniti 5 1/4s into the dash. Also finally have my amp (Kicker DX250, picked it up for $55) so will have a 10" sub in the console

Where has everyone been putting their amps? Buddy of mine said under the seat but will that let it breath enough, heat wise? First time touching this stuff

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have a Kenwood eXcelon head unit with Elemental Designs 6.5" components up front in q-forms kickpanel enclosures running off a WetSounds SynMicro amp. I also have an Elemental Designs 13ov.2 12" sub in a 30hz ported enclosure behind the back seat running off an Elemental Designs nine.2x amp. Both amps are under the rear seat.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Ya bolt them down or anything? Same guy I was talking to went the poverty route and just set it down on a towel lol. Might be my solution until it warms up a bit. Taking advantage of this 50 degree day to wire it up though, the sub been sitting in my garage for a year

·
Registered
650 Posts
Behind the rear seat there isn't much clearance. The seat holds them in place. They don't get much ventilation but they've never shut off from overheating.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Pioneer head unit and 6 1/2s over head, just got the brackets and will be moving the old infiniti 5 1/4s into the dash. Also finally have my amp (Kicker DX250, picked it up for $55) so will have a 10" sub in the console

Where has everyone been putting their amps? Buddy of mine said under the seat but will that let it breath enough, heat wise? First time touching this stuff
Depending on size of amp, you might be able to mount it under the steering column. That's what I did, but it was a tight fit to clear the brake pedal

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Kenwood head unit, kicker 6.5's, Rockford 5.25's, and a custom enclosured Sundown SA8" with a 2000 watt hipnotik amp. I shake mirrors of cars 2 cars behind me. I'm that guy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
X3 I will even raise you, is your 40 a delta flow or ORIGINAL 40 2 chamber with OUT the delta flow...I lucked up and the shop had one of the Original 40 series after they stopped making the 30 series and only used delta flow technology as a add cost option...Nothing like a flow master and a cam...Nothing

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
X3 I will even raise you, is your 40 a delta flow or ORIGINAL 40 2 chamber with OUT the delta flow...I lucked up and the shop had one of the Original 40 series after they stopped making the 30 series and only used delta flow technology as a add cost option...Nothing like a flow master and a cam...Nothing
Mine is O.G. Man. Old skool 40 series 2 chamber!

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Delta flow schmelta flow. That stuffs for pussies

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have a JVC head unit, pioneer 4x6s in the front that were installed by PO, mephis audio in right rear, kenwood in left rear (I know, but it's part of the JEEP thing) and a home made subwoofer under my rear seat with a 300 watt dual amp and 2 6x9s with a quick connector that I can unplug and remove the entire unit when I go wheeling. The sub doesn't rock the neighborhood but is a drastic improvement at highway speeds to hear over wind and tire noise. We put Polk Audios in my son's and they rock!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I put the new Dx521s in the front tonight. They replaced the stock 7 speaker system infinity speakers. Took all of 15 minutes with the wire adapters, brackets, and baffles from amazon. Big improvement for sure, more bass and very clear vs stock. Can't wait to get the rears and sub in. View attachment 788257 Stock front View attachment 788265
Got the rears and sub in today. Huge improvement over stock, but I still want more "clean volume" so I guess the HU and an amp are next. You alpine guys happy with the Power Pack amps? Looks too easy not to try....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is my complete stereo build list, sounds awesome!

1 Alpine Stereo Receiver W/Bluetooth (CDE-HD137BT)
1 Alpine Mono Sub Amplifier - 300 Watts @ 4 Ohms (MRV-M500)
1 Alpine 4 Channel Amplifier - 45 Watts Per Channel (KTP-445U)
1 Polk Audio 5 1/4-inch Mobile Audio Coaxial Loudspeaker - 45 Watts - Sound Bar (DB-521)
1 Polk Audio 4-Inch Mobile Audio Coaxial Loudspeaker - 40 Watts - Front Dash (DB-461)
1 SSV Works 97-06 Jeep TJ Center Console Sub Box With 550W 10" Woofer (TJ-CCSB10)

·
Registered
246 Posts
An older jvc deck I had in my old expedition. The po installed some cheapo Wal-Mart pioneer speakers along with a very annoying Sony deck thay rattled. The speakers are staying for now and so nnstead os the jvc. I also installed my 2cuft sub box I made and my kicker cvr sub along with a crunch 2100 watt amp. No room in the back for the back seat but who needs that anyways?

·
Registered
59 Posts
custom Kenwood dnx6990 double din going to a Alpine mrx-v70 5 channel amp mounted in the dash 90wx4 for the speakers 350wx1 for the sub, speakers are Pioneer TS-D1320C 5.25 front and rear front speakers have the NalinMFG brackets. sub is a shallow 8 inch pioneer in the arm rest sounds great and doesn't take up any space in the rear of the jeep

21 - 40 of 124 Posts