Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
AWESOME!! Now, I'm gonna need all of your addresses, work schedules, parking layouts, dog/security info, etc.
JUST KIDDING!! They sound great. Its not easy getting good sound out of a TJ!
I'm wanting to try to build the sub box into the bottom of the rear seat. Just not brave enough to start it yet. Ive got Kenwood head unit, (have an 11 band parametric Kenwood EQ not yet installed), Polk Audio 4X6 plates in dash, Kenwood tweeters up front. Kicked 5.25's in factory sound bar, Kicked 10" sub with Kicked amp!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just got all four speakers replaced from stock with new infinity speakers and got a Bluetooth alpine deck with an alpine power pack amp behind the dash. Cost me a total of $500 with installation all done by me and sounds completely different ! Love it!
Did you have the factory sub? I'm looking at the power pack but it says it doesn't work with factory amps, I'm assuming that does not include the factory sub amp.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
what do you guys think of the polk db's my brother has dxi's in his xj and they have good sound, whats the main difference between the different models?

·
Registered
69 Posts
what do you guys think of the polk db's my brother has dxi's in his xj and they have good sound, whats the main difference between the different models?
The DB series is Polk Audio base line series. The DXi series was developed by Polk Audio specifically for BestBuy specs, Best Buy wanted to sell Polk Audio but wanted a certain price point and the DB series still was a smidge to much for their customer price demographic. Now the the MM series is the top of the line, I replaced all my Jeeps factory speakers with Polk Audio.
Excellent over-all!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pioneer x8600bs hu, Polk 5.25's in dash, 6" kickers in sound bar, 10" kicker sub, 250.1 kicker amp. I had a 450.4 amp to put in also but I'm well satisfied with the way it sounds like it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For $30 they sound really well. Really surprised how well they balanced out the front speakers. There was something missing from the front speakers but the tweets really helped. Even though they point up you still get a lot of sound even with the top off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just added some alpine tweets to help my weak 4x6's up front!
Sorry to barge in on your thread, but I have been reading everything on sound system installs and upgrades. I just bought a JKUWW with the stock radio setup and am planning on upgrading the sound system. Your alpine tweets that you installed look great but how did you install them into the dash? Did you have to build a bracket to hold them? The JKU setup I think is slightly different but I was considering installing the alpine components SPR-60C in the sound bar but not sure how to hold them in place…..any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
13 Posts
MNWilly, I also have a Jk, I completely installed a new system in because the stock system was horrible. To install the tweets in my TJ, I just used a hole saw on the dash and drimmel to finish it. The tweets have a mounting brackets to flush mount.
For your JK, get the component Alpines (sorry can't remember model #), mount the tweets in the factory JK tweeter location. I used a drimmel to slightly enlarge the factory hole to allow the alpine tweeters to pop right in without any extra brackets. If you want your system to really sound good I suggest the alpine power pack. The speakers in my TJ are only powered off the head unit and is not quite as good when the top is off at highway speeds.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks quantumjeep I have the dxi's in my brothers xj and I like them a lot just seeing if there's any real difference

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is a 1ohm sub/amp inefficient setup? I plan to use a soundstream p1.600D amp that that has 600 watts @ 1ohm, what kind of installation kit do I need

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Not as long as you don't turn the gain knob all the way up. You can basically set your stereo at desired listening level with amp gain knob at 0 then turn the gain up till your sub sounds right with your speakers. It won't be all the way up with a 1000 watt amp. Just don't turn the gain past the point of distortion. With that amp and carelessness you can destroy the speakers. If you set it up right you will be fine. Question is can you find a cheaper better match since you don't need 1000 watts?

Edit also if those stats are max not RMS it probably can't blow those speakers at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not as long as you don't turn the gain knob all the way up. You can basically set your stereo at desired listening level with amp gain knob at 0 then turn the gain up till your sub sounds right with your speakers. It won't be all the way up with a 1000 watt amp. Just don't turn the gain past the point of distortion. With that amp and carelessness you can destroy the speakers. If you set it up right you will be fine. Question is can you find a cheaper better match since you don't need 1000 watts?

Edit also if those stats are max not RMS it probably can't blow those speakers at all.
they are rms. And I found a 1000w amp for 10$ more than a 600w. Only thing I'm weary of is if the brand is reliable. Its a Hifonics amp, know anything about them?

Edit: Also, the 1000w amp is on sale, the base price isn't only 10$ more..

81 - 100 of 124 Posts