Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of 20" solid black wheels that came off a 2004 Tahoe. The lug pattern is 6x139.7. My first question is if there is an adaptor I could use to convert these to put on my TJ that I could trust to work.

Also, if I can make them work, what size tire should I get to put on them with a 4" lift? I'd like to get 33's, but I don't know exactly what tire size that would be.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Why would you put 20" wheels on a Jeep? Go with smaller wheels/bigger tires to make it functional for on/off road use. I doubt a 33" tire is readily available for a 20" wheel. Stick with 15"-17" wheel, you will be much happier. A common 33" tire size is 33x12.5x15.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would only do it because the wheels aren't being used and they're taking up space in my garage. Just wondering if it was possible. I agree the smaller wheels look better with bigger tires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
image-3804319871.jpg

Here's what they look like. I think they could look good on a jeep with bigger tires.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sell the wheels and buy some with the proper lug pattern and back spacing for the tires you want to run.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Sell the wheels and buy some with the proper lug pattern and back spacing for the tires you want to run.
X2..If you want to run 33x12.5s, look for 15-16" wheels with a 8" width and BS about 3.75. ...20" rims will not have enough rubber to do allow you to have any offroading capabilities. Don't be one of those lifted Chevy guys with 22" rims with low profile tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts