Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just introduced myself on another thread and commented on my wheels. They are 17 inch with 235/70 tyres. The reply came back that 17inch is fitted to Jks and not Tjs.

I measured from he back of the wheel hole to the centre and it does come up as a 5inch lug circle whereas Tj's are 4.5inch.

As these were fitted when I bought her I am in the dark. Googling brings up they are from a Liberty, but that apparently has a 4.5 pattern.

There are no spacers fitted which would convert from 4.5 to 5, so my questions are what jeep are they from? Are they really 5 inch lugs? Also, as the brakes were upgraded and fitted with vented discs, could they have fitted, or is there a kit to have convert a Tj to 5inch, or are they really 4.5 wheels?

Any help greatly appreciated.

On a side note she drives really well with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi, welcome from Oxfordshire! There is a set of these up for auction at the moment and they are listed as being 2001 - 2008 KJ Cherokee, with a 4-1/2" PCD. Not a bad loking wheel, and not embarrassingly oversized for road use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
They were fitted by the previous owner and had virtually new tyres on so it would have been a waste of money to swap them. They sit a little in on the arches, but I don't know if it is worth spacing them out 1-1.25 inches and whether it would give it a slightly better look.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. I kind of like the early skinny look, unless you're building something for serious off-roading. Probably keep the MOT man happier too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was keeping her pretty standard, but just had some tube doors made for when the sun comes out.? Was wondering if a bit of extra spacing will change her look.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Tube doors: good call! Keep the tires (tyres?) under the wheel wells (arches?). I like the old school look of skinny tires. YMMV, and invariably will...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll keep them was they are. No point wasting money. I just wondered if they would give her a better stance or whether it would make her look silly being on 235's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts