Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 wrangler. I'm putting a 4 in suspension lift, 1 1/4 inch shackles, 3 inch body lift, and I would like to put 35x12.50 super swampers on my 15x8 wheels. I want to make sure my stock axles will be fine and that the wheel size is ok for that much tire. This is just a toy. Offroad use only, no highway use. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 92 wrangler. I'm putting a 4 in suspension lift, 1 1/4 inch shackles, 3 inch body lift, and I would like to put 35x12.50 super swampers on my 15x8 wheels. I want to make sure my stock axles will be fine and that the wheel size is ok for that much tire. This is just a toy. Offroad use only, no highway use. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!
Two comments

1. To much lift for 35`s

2. It depends

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what tire size would I need for that big a lift? Everything except the tires have been ordered so I hope there won't be any problems

·
Registered
925 Posts
3" body lift is gonna look kinda silly i think.. i'd stick to no more than 1", and you'll prob hear that a lot over the forum, but its a matter of personal opinion i guess..

you still running the 30/35 combo?

·
Registered
925 Posts
3" body lift is gonna look kinda silly i think.. i'd stick to no more than 1", and you'll prob hear that a lot over the forum, but its a matter of personal opinion i guess..

you still running the 30/35 combo?
good point 3in body lift sounds more like all show no go to me

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wasomma said:
good point 3in body lift sounds more like all show no go to me
The 3in body lift was on it when I got the jeep a few months back. And what do you mean by 30/35 combo? ( that was a post from an earlier comment) thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
925 Posts
The 3in body lift was on it when I got the jeep a few months back. And what do you mean by 30/35 combo? ( that was a post from an earlier comment) thanks for all the input!
the dana 30 axle up front and the dana 35c axle in back, the Q is are you running them still in your jeep? and if so what ratios?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wasomma said:
the dana 30 axle up front and the dana 35c axle in back, the Q is are you running them still in your jeep? and if so what ratios?
I'm running stock axles and gear ratios. I think it's 305 gears but I'm not 100% on that.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm running stock axles and gear ratios. I think it's 305 gears but I'm not 100% on that.
yea... you're gonna want, at a minimum, to regear your diffs if theya re 305. You'll see an increase in your power and you can probably start using that 5th gear again

·
Registered
925 Posts
yeah, and while the dana 30s (up front) are a little stronger than the dana 35s (rear), as stated, you def want to at least re gear. but the 35s dont hold up well to large size tires... they're not really made for heavy duty (large tire wheeling) applications, the c clips that hold the inner axles in are known to break with tires 33"+ esp under extreme conditions

best bet is to go with a stronger rear axle, a ford 8.8 or a dana 44... i have to recommend the 8.8 for the ease of swapping and it comes with disc brakes (that's what i did), but a dana 44 is awesome too, so whatever you could find cheaper would prob be better

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jeeps&comics said:
yeah, and while the dana 30s (up front) are a little stronger than the dana 35s (rear), as stated, you def want to at least re gear. but the 35s dont hold up well to large size tires... they're not really made for heavy duty (large tire wheeling) applications, the c clips that hold the inner axles in are known to break with tires 33"+ esp under extreme conditions

best bet is to go with a stronger rear axle, a ford 8.8 or a dana 44... i have to recommend the 8.8 for the ease of swapping and it comes with disc brakes (that's what i did), but a dana 44 is awesome too, so whatever you could find cheaper would prob be better
Thanks for all the input guys. This has helped alot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts