Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock suspension on my 04 tj. Would like new wheels. Everything I see has like a 3.5 to 3.8 inch backspace. I run bfg 31" tires. How would this look? Seems to me the new wheels will stick out way to far?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes they will stick out. What bfg are you running? Here are my MT wheels with 3 5/8BS and 31" duratracs Your BFG TA/KO will stick out a tad less as they are a bit more narrow than the Goodyear tires. image-2461688078.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are you on stock suspension? And are you happy with the look?
Yes stock and yes looks good but really would like to pick up some rubicon flares for 1" more coverage.

I can take a pic for you on the tire size. I have a brand new set of pro comps with BFG TA/KO mounted in the garage.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's cool of you taking this pic. I thank you. Your tires are a bit wider it looks. The bfg tire looks a tad taller. Choosing a new rim is harder than I thought it would be.lol. so many decisions. Do you get a lot of stone chips running this setup?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The taller you describe is primarily because of no weight on the wheel and tire.

So far so good on the stone chips but water and mud spray is a bit more than I would like. However I believe the rubicon fenders would solve this and still look great/stock.

Go for it you will love it.

If your local I am selling the procomps with the BFG tires if interested. They are brand new with high speed balance. I like em though so they might stay:)

image-4049091674.jpg

image-1790873582.jpg

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. I live in Michigan and appreciate everything. The way it sounds you are happy with your setup. Planning a lift in the future?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts