Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Wrangler Sahara.

I am looking at newer wheel options since people are putting on aftermarket wheels onto their newer wranglers and some of the factory wheels options (Rubicon, Sahara, etc) look great and I would like to add to my jeep.

My questions:

1) Did the bolt pattern change after TJ's? I've seen 2013 wheels on a TJ but I've heard after 2007 the bolt pattern changed so how are they doing this or am I misinformed of the change?
2) Has there been any difference in offset's and wheel sizes (16, 17, 18, etc..) as you get newer wranglers?
3) What fitment issues would I have on newer wheels if any?

I've searched but can't find exactly what I'm looking for so this is the reason for the thread.

Thanks for the help,
Bryan

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes the bolt pattern did change from our tjs 5x4.5 to a 5x5 pattern so you would need wheel spacers to run them. If I am correct most jks run 255x75x17 so you would need a lift to properly clear them as well. Hope this answers your questions, maybe someone that has done the swap can weigh in with more detailed information.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
You need adapters not just spacers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a 2001 Wrangler Sahara.

I am looking at newer wheel options since people are putting on aftermarket wheels onto their newer wranglers and some of the factory wheels options (Rubicon, Sahara, etc) look great and I would like to add to my jeep.

My questions:

1) Did the bolt pattern change after TJ's? I've seen 2013 wheels on a TJ but I've heard after 2007 the bolt pattern changed so how are they doing this or am I misinformed of the change?
2) Has there been any difference in offset's and wheel sizes (16, 17, 18, etc..) as you get newer wranglers?
3) What fitment issues would I have on newer wheels if any?

I've searched but can't find exactly what I'm looking for so this is the reason for the thread.

Thanks for the help,
Bryan
JHerrington posted where he did exactly this today. Said worked out great. Contact him an Im sure he would answer questions.

Go to the what i did to my tj today thread, page 1265, JHerrington posted at 4:37pm today. White TJ sport with adapters to fit newer 17" Rubicon rims. Here are his pics to look for in the thread.

View attachment 283590

View attachment 283591

1 - 6 of 6 Posts