Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set of LRG11721073324N

The wheels center fine on the rear.
The wheels do not center at all on the front hubs.

Do I have to use hub spacers?

If the wheels don't fit factory hub ring, what will be different with spacers?

Am I just plain scr..d?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Your only screwed if the hub bore is too small on the rim to fit. Sounds like u just need to find the correct spacer.

Bad pic of the ones I run with my rims.

Should be same on both ends no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your only screwed if the hub bore is too small on the rim to fit. Sounds like u just need to find the correct spacer.

Bad pic of the ones I run with my rims.

Should be same on both ends no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I think that's exactly whats occurring. The front hub center ring is larger than that of the rear. The ID of the bore on the wheel is too small and thus can't seat flush against the rotor on the front axle.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Did you remove the clips on the lug bolts that are used to retain the rotors during factory assembly? OEM wheels have a slight recess milled in the back to clear them and some aftermarket wheels do not. If your LRG wheels do not have the recesses and the clips are still on your rotors that can cause an issue.

The clips are not needed once the Jeep leaves the assembly line and may keep an aftermarket wheel from fully seating on the hub.

Reactions: Wandell

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you remove the clips on the lug bolts that are used to retain the rotors during factory assembly? OEM wheels have a slight recess milled in the back to clear them and some aftermarket wheels do not. If your LRG wheels do not have the recesses and the clips are still on your rotors that can cause an issue.

The clips are not needed once the Jeep leaves the assembly line and may keep an aftermarket wheel from fully seating on the hub.
Yes, they are still there. Good idea. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
It seems unlikely that the front and rear wheels would have different diameter hub centers. It could be, I haven't measured. But on mine the front and rear wheels fit exactly the same, they are hub-centric both front and rear, and the same wheels fit both nicely.
Perhaps it is the rotor clips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts