Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in a minor accident where the other driver ran a stop sign and drove into my path. The hit wasn’t a straight on T Bone; it was more centered on the right side. Right Crush Can took the brunt, but bumper bent back close to right front wheel. :atomic: Auto body shop replaced bumper, bumper cover, bumper retainer, fender flare, fender and repair required a wheel alignment.

After the accident, I noticed that at highway speeds, the right wheel seemed to vibrate and bounce more after going over bumps, where the left wheel felt fine. I mentioned to the repair shop, and they didn’t find anything other than it needed a wheel alignment. I got the Jeep back and no change. I’m reaching out to see if anyone might have any suggestions on what this might be. Thanks in advance! Sorry, I don’t know why photo posted upside down from my IPad. :pc-ouch:

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the bumper made contact with the other car, but it caused the bumper to crush backward from the impact. You can see that the bumper end bent back toward the wheel. Also, I failed to mention in my original post that I only experience the wheel “bounce”/ bumpiness at highway speeds. At speeds below 45 I don’t notice any of this at all.

·
Registered
925 Posts
It may be the angle of your picture, but your grille and hood gap does not look right at all. Grille look pushed back and under the hood. Especially visible at front passenger side metal part of body-fender. There may be more damage here that just what is assumed or visible. You may even have a bent wheel which would then explain the vibrations.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Check the tire pressure. They may have overfilled it. Wheels tend to 'bounce' over bumps when the pressure is too high

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you are absolutely right. The fender got pushed in when the fender flare was impacted as well. All damage has been fixed with the exception of the wheel issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts