Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 06 has warped rotors at 11 k miles. I installed a set of MT'8 X 15) and a set of MT's (31") at about 1k miles. There are no other mods and off road to me is an occassional dirt road.

I wanted to check the torque on my lugnuts before I take it to the dealer to try to get if fixed under warrenty. I also think the Mercedes 6 speed will need fixed before the 36k period runs out, so I want to find out how the dealer treats the aftermarket wheels.

Does anyone have an idea what the torque should be?
Thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
just put the stop tire and rims back on and take it there. you shouldnt have a problem.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
On aluminum M/T wheels, I would go 150lbs. This should have nothing to do with warped rotors. That is usually from excessive heat, from to much braking. Not slowing down before the last moment, you know, when you have to slam on the brakes. A very common problem with the average, in a hurry, driver.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys, will check tonight. Trying to get a time scheduled for the service. They want you top drop it off and leave it until they get a chance to work on it....thanks again for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts