Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now I'm currently running 35s on the stock Rubicon wheels. Looking to upgrade the wheels and really interested in knowing what offset the stock wheels would be and if anybody has pictures of there Wheel and Tire set up with information on size and offset. I'm pretty sure I do not want a positive offset however until I see pictures how can I really know! I've picked out wheels on the internet ranging everywhere from 0 to -44 offset, just need to decide the look I want. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The most common setup among JK owners is a 9 inch wide wheel with 4.5 inches of backspacing/-12mm offset with a 12.50 inch wide tire.

j5 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr

j6 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that would look pretty good. I currently have factory wheels with two Inch spacers. Of course I have flat fenders so it's going to look like it sticks out even further.
Anybody know what the backspacing would be on a factory Rubicon wheel?

·
One Happy Camper
246 Posts
Reactions: mrcarcrazy

·
Retired Moderator
100,556 Posts
Apparently I don't know how to upload using Photobucket anymore.. Ginger_crusader on Instagram
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/how-to-post-a-picture-1939746.html

^^^This will help you to post your PICS..

image-1483892585 offset.jpg

image-965982043 custom wheel chart.jpg

^^^These charts will help you to understand Wheels: Width, Back Spacing and offset.

For 35's, wheels with a 8.0, 8.5, or 9.0" of Rim width will work for you. Back Spacing of 5.0 to 4.5 will give you the clearance, along with a nice wide stance.

What you currently are running, is a factory installed 6.25 of Back Spacing. Then you added the 2.0" adapters = 4.25 of Back Spacing.

I wouldn't go any wider than 4.5 BS, because it will effect your scrub radius, handling characteristic's and add additional stress on your Ball Joints and Hub Bearings.

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
@jazzy jeff

When it comes to wheel specs on a Jeep, you can completely ignore offset. Focus on back spacing. You need a maximum of 5" and more than 4" unless you are going to run 37" or larger tires. The common sizes are 4.75" and 4.5" with most manufacturers.

This site will help you with the specs if you can only find offset:

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
I will add in here that the way to calc backspacing, if you do not have a chart to look at is:

rim width plus .5" +/- offset.

This will let you know where you are at when you find those cool wheels you can't live without and don't know if they will fit. Like beadlocks from DV8 Offroad. :)

Have a great day!

Allen

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Apparently I don't know how to upload using Photobucket anymore.. Ginger_crusader on Instagram
It's not you, it's Photobucket. Unless you subscribe to the top level of storage for $399 a year you can no longer share photos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts