Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Aftermarket: backspacing

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,871 Posts
What are you going to do with them?
Are they steel or alloy?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Aftermarket for the backspacing, and what I'm hoping are FUNCTIONAL beadlocks... If only I could find someone to give me a fair price on my Chrome GEAR wheels, I'd be looking for a good package on Beadlocks

O_E

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'd say keep the stock Rubicon wheels and add spacers, but I'm a big fan of the stock Rubicon wheels. So much so, that I contemplated keeping them when my 75th comes in.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
"Wheels" and Which one? Question has plagued Mankind since the beginning of time.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I like the aftermarket ones. Stock Rubi wheels look ok but they still have the backspace problem and everyone with a rubicon has them. Honestly its the tires that make the look anyway.

I guess it depends on your state, but in a lot of states real beadlocks are illegal on the street. Making functional beadlocks a no go. Unless you have some that have a normal bead and just a helper ring to keep the tire on. Or a separate set to put on when you wheel. Bead locks are one of the many things that makes a drag race car not street legal.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I like the stock wheels, never been a fan of black wheels, with my RHR had those wheels vs the black wheels it has.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the aftermarket ones. Stock Rubi wheels look ok but they still have the backspace problem and everyone with a rubicon has them. Honestly its the tires that make the look anyway.

I guess it depends on your state, but in a lot of states real beadlocks are illegal on the street. Making functional beadlocks a no go. Unless you have some that have a normal bead and just a helper ring to keep the tire on. Or a separate set to put on when you wheel. Bead locks are one of the many things that makes a drag race car not street legal.
Yeah. Beadlocks are illegal in Oregon. These aftermarket are just simulated ones. I really don't want to run spacers. Makes it easier to do brake work without them. Just was wondering on the aesthetics of what people thought between the two. I'm partial to the black wheel myself. My son likes the stock rubi wheels.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the stock wheels, never been a fan of black wheels, with my RHR had those wheels vs the black wheels it has.
Have been looking at the hard rock wheels. Think they're nice but they're not cheap. Kind of a best of both worlds, black and stock looking

1 - 20 of 34 Posts