Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

New to the forum. I've got a question if anyone knows. I have a 2016 Wrangler Backcountry (a special edition of the sahara). I want to add wheel spacers, hub centric and hiqh quality, to give my Wrangler a wider stance and some more stability.

Does anyone know how far the studs on this Wrangler, or I guess the 2016 Wrangler Sahara as that's the base model. I want to put wheel spacers that cover the studs so I don't have to grind the studs in order to have the wheels fit flat against the spacer (I did my homework, quality spacers installed properly are fine). The biggest spacers I've seen on quadratec and extremeterrain are 1.75 inches; not sure if the original studs will be covered by that.

As a side note, overall since my backcountry is my daily driver, I'm thinking of upgrading the handling. In addition to the spacers, I'm thinking of performance/reservoir shocks and maybe break upgrades.

Any info is appreciated.

Aakash
2016 Wrangler Backcountry

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Welcome to WF.
You will want 1.5” spidertrax(sp?) spacers.

Reactions: jnanasakti

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Hi All -

New to the forum. I've got a question if anyone knows. I have a 2016 Wrangler Backcountry (a special edition of the sahara). I want to add wheel spacers, hub centric and hiqh quality, to give my Wrangler a wider stance and some more stability.

Does anyone know how far the studs on this Wrangler, or I guess the 2016 Wrangler Sahara as that's the base model. I want to put wheel spacers that cover the studs so I don't have to grind the studs in order to have the wheels fit flat against the spacer (I did my homework, quality spacers installed properly are fine). The biggest spacers I've seen on quadratec and extremeterrain are 1.75 inches; not sure if the original studs will be covered by that.

As a side note, overall since my backcountry is my daily driver, I'm thinking of upgrading the handling. In addition to the spacers, I'm thinking of performance/reservoir shocks and maybe break upgrades.

Any info is appreciated.

Aakash
2016 Wrangler Backcountry
I have 1.5" spyder trax wheel spacers and they cover the original studs perfectly and have their own studs for mounting the tire. that's what I'd recommend. they are solid and good quality. come in blue and black, I believe. just make sure you take off the retainer clips of the original studs before you mount the spacers so they are flush.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 1.5" spyder trax wheel spacers and they cover the original studs perfectly and have their own studs for mounting the tire. that's what I'd recommend. they are solid and good quality. come in blue and black, I believe. just make sure you take off the retainer clips of the original studs before you mount the spacers so they are flush.
Awesome. Just the specific information on the original studs being covered I was looking for. and thanks for the note on taking off the retainer clips. this should work great then, give me a slightly wider stance and add some stability, thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Giving you a bit more information, the clips are used on the assembly line to keep the rotors on the axles when they on the assembly line since the wheels are installed several stations further down the line. They not only have to be removed for most spacers but some after market wheels that don't have the back side recess that OEM wheels do.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 1.5” spacers. You could probably go 1.25” if your wheels have recesses where the studs would land. My factory sport wheels did. BTW, the 1.5” spacers make a flush mounting surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
15,716 Posts
I have seen and read where the 1.25" spacers require stud trimming, but they didn't for my wife's '18 with Teraflex spacers. Not sure what model year that might have changed?? We swapped the axle but the unit bearing (lug nuts) is stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts