Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really a difference between the spidertrax, teraflex or g2 and others?
They all are made out of 6061 aluminum.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have red rock 1.5" spacers on my Jeep and Spidertrax 1.5" on my wife's HR. No difference I could tell aside from the color and price for the set.

·
Retired Moderator
100,727 Posts
From what I have heard, the quality of the major Brands are all good.

Since it is a Safety issue, I would stay with the top rated adapters!!! IMO

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I would just make sure you can verify what actual wheel studs they use. I know with Spidertrax you can verify the stud quality.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have Synergy 1.5 spacers and they are very good quality, every bit as good as Spidertrax..
Jus be sure you get hub centric

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've got 1.75 spidertrax That's what everybody recommended when I was looking. Just make sure they're hub and wheel centric, some of the cheaper ones aren't. Check the torque often

·
Registered
801 Posts
I hade the Spidertrax 1.5 on my 2013 JKUS and now have the G2 1.5 on 2015 JKUS. Quality appears to be the same and no noticeable difference that I can see

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hade the Spidertrax 1.5 on my 2013 JKUS and now have the G2 1.5 on 2015 JKUS. Quality appears to be the same and no noticeable difference that I can see
I have 4 G2's waiting patiently for my JKUR to be delivered

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Check the torque often
I really don't get why this comment is so commonly made in the spacer discussions.

The recommendation to check torque is really just the same CYA recommendation for regular wheel lugs. Sure spacers are something to be aware of, but there isn't really any specific added need to check torque. Just install them correctly and check them when you otherwise have the wheels off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I really don't get why this comment is so commonly made in the spacer discussions. The recommendation to check torque is really just the same CYA recommendation for regular wheel lugs. Sure spacers are something to be aware of, but there isn't really any specific added need to check torque. Just install them correctly and check them when you otherwise have the wheels off.
I guess I should have said every rotation. But I would still check them again after the first 100 miles and maybe again after 500.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I guess I should have said every rotation. But I would still check them again after the first 100 miles and maybe again after 500.
My comment wasn't really directed at you.

More so the typical comments that lead people to believe spacers require routine inspection and tightening - which isn't the case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts