Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the jeep world. We just bought our first Jeep a week ago. 2016 4 dr Rubicon. I come from the drag racing scene, so the off roading world is new territory for me. That being said, are wheel spacers a no-no in this world? My wife likes the wheels that came on the jeep but I want to get them pushed out a little bit. We will go to other wheels later on. This is her daily driver for now so it still needs to be safe on the road. Can we put wheels spacers on to get the wheels pushed out a little bit?

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
short answer = yes

while it does increase wear and tear, so would getting rims with different offset. In the big picture, it doesn't matter much if you keep it sane.

I do suggest hub-centric spacers over lug-centric.

Congrats on your jeep. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a new hard rock owner as well. will the 1.5 spidertrax change the way it drives? I'm planning on bigger tires once these wear out but keeping to original wheels.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've ran spidertrax spacers since day 2 of driving my 2014 new off the lot in Sept 2013 and had zero issues. As long as it's a good quality spacer you will be fine!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'm putting on 1.5" spacers tomorrow. It gives it s broader stance which looks real good. I read some where here that your rig may feel a tad more like a go cart going around corners.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm a new hard rock owner as well. will the 1.5 spidertrax change the way it drives? I'm planning on bigger tires once these wear out but keeping to original wheels.
I've got 2 years/30k miles on my spacers. Zero issues. Just checked the ball joints, and they are tight as new.

·
Registered
655 Posts
short answer = yes

while it does increase wear and tear, so would getting rims with different offset. In the big picture, it doesn't matter much if you keep it sane.

I do suggest hub-centric spacers over lug-centric.

Congrats on your jeep. Welcome to the forum.
X1000 Hub Centric. Do not use Lug Centric.

Plus you'll be hard pushed to find a place that will mount tires on wheels that have lug centric spacers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
RC 1.5" 5x5 Wheel Spacers were great, strong overall purchase and a lot of my guys said 1.5" is the sweet spot when you're looking at sizes. RC spacers are quality and were only $140 for all 4 for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts