Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 2 in spacers on my JK. Been on for about 2 years. I have not needed to tighten them any or do anything to them. Love the wider stance it gave my jeep without having to get new rims.

·
Registered
183 Posts
just make sure you put blue lock tight on them when you torque them to spec I was running them for a while and still do, to clear my 35s just don't buy the cheap china stuff get them from a good name brand

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
anyone use or can recommend or not recommend the use of wheel spacers ?? Are they safe and strong enough or a waist of time ??
I ran a set for a year with no issues before I bought the wheels I wanted. My daughter has a set on her JK and plans to keep them.

2 things, buy a quality spcer, like Synergy or Spidertrax and make sure you install properly with a torque wrench and loctite. You also must remove the brake rotor clips before installing any aftermarket wheel or spacer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I ran a set for a year with no issues before I bought the wheels I wanted. My daughter has a set on her JK and plans to keep them.

2 things, buy a quality spcer, like Synergy or Spidertrax and make sure you install properly with a torque wrench and loctite. You also must remove the brake rotor clips before installing any aftermarket wheel or spacer.

If the clips clear the holes why do they need to come off?
I just put spidertrax on and left the clips on because they didn't interfere with the spacer at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
If the clips clear the holes why do they need to come off?
I just put spidertrax on and left the clips on because they didn't interfere with the spacer at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks like Spidertrax has changed their design to account for the clips. I have Spidertrax spacers on my daughters JK and hers DO NOT have the space on the back for the clips. This is the number 1 issue with spacer installations.

As for strength, they are made of 6061T6 billet aluminum and are actually stronger than the cast wheels we run.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I ran spacers and it destabilized the orbit of Mars... true story.

Anyway... mechanically adding 'hub adaptors' and not actual metal washers like the old days of 'spacers' is no different than getting an offset wheel.

I haven't seen proof of an adaptor failing... I have seen people lose wheels because they didn't properly torque their wheels... It's hard for the adaptor itself to fall off, because the nuts can't back out past your wheel...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
As long as you use a quality spacer and install them correctly you'll be fine. But anything can be taken too far. Just don't run three 2" spacers on each wheel!!

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I ran spacers and it destabilized the orbit of Mars... true story.

Anyway... mechanically adding 'hub adaptors' and not actual metal washers like the old days of 'spacers' is no different than getting an offset wheel.

I haven't seen proof of an adaptor failing... I have seen people lose wheels because they didn't properly torque their wheels... It's hard for the adaptor itself to fall off, because the nuts can't back out past your wheel...
Agree, the "adapter" style is very reliable... Well unless you put on cheap ass cast spacers.

As long as you use a quality spacer and install them correctly you'll be fine. But anything can be taken too far. Just don't run three 2" spacers on each wheel!!
Why not???

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
It looks like Spidertrax has changed their design to account for the clips. I have Spidertrax spacers on my daughters JK and hers DO NOT have the space on the back for the clips. This is the number 1 issue with spacer installations.

As for strength, they are made of 6061T6 billet aluminum and are actually stronger than the cast wheels we run.
I've always wondered about the clips. I installed Spidertrax over 4 years ago and never removed the clips because they cleared them. After running them for 4 years, never had any issues. Sold them to a forum member this spring when I purchased new wheels.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Also if you need a spacer smaller than spidertrax offers, get BORA (Bulletproof offroad adapters) they are popular with the silverado crowd and made here in the USA

I wanted 1" spacers but spidertrax doesnt offer that small, the issue is any wheel spacer under 1.25" the OEM Lugs will stick out past the spacer face. this works if you're running OEM wheels because they have cutouts where the lugs will sit. they offer down to 0.75" for the JK.

Ive been running 1" BORA wheels spacers for 2 years no with no issues. you can get them from Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

again DO NOT BUY CHEAP EBAY SPACERS, i had a buddy run ebay spacers and 2 of the spacer lugs broke off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts