Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little background...

2007 jeep wrangler unlimited sahara. I bought it in really rough shape (kinda neglected by the previous owner)

I managed to fix almost all of the problems but I am stuck on a code (C100A-Left front wheel speed sensor circuit).

I have already changed out the left front wheel speed sensor. That didnt work. So I thought maybe the actual wire may be frayed somewhere so I checked the wire all the way up to where it connects into the major connector that connects the to the cars computer and found no problems. I used my voltmeter on the connector by the wheel where the actual wheel speed sensor connects and got a reading of ~13.97 volts. I tested the resistance and got jumping measurements from 5-15 ohms, but idk how accurate this reading is.

Im stuck and don't really know where to go from here. I am getting the three lights on the dash that you usually get when you have a wheel speed sensor issue. I know it can also be the front wheel bearing but the code is a "circuit" code so idk.

Please help

Remy

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Sounds like a generic code. Is the reader that you are using ABS enabled? There are 3 types OBD, OBD+ABS, OBD+ABS+SRS. Around here the auto parts stores were all clueless, after I bough my reader with ABS, I went around educated them all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the jeep flashpaq device. It has given me other specific codes regarding the other wheel speed sensors that I have resolved, but im stuck on this one.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I assume your driving some distance after you replace the sensor? on my '13 i need to go about 500ft before the computer is 'happy' the new sensor is doing its job and turns off the code / light.
Assuming you have driven on it:

One option is the sensor may not work with your hub, i have seen some of the aftermarket hubs use differently shaped sensors, if you use the wrong sensor for the specific hub it wont 'see' the hub move correctly, an oscilloscope would be your tool to troubleshoot that but i know thats not a common tool for most.

Another option is the ring in the hub is 'messed up' could be missing teeth or have too much crap in / on it (metal shavings in there will confuse the sensor) or some mix there of. Again, oscilloscop to look at the single. If its the ring i would call the hub bad but maybe it can be cleaned.

Have you tried swapping sensors between side? (do the sensors look the same?) if the problem moves than your new sensor is bad out of the box (hey it happens).

Can you build a cross over harness so you 'flip sides' the jeep is looking at Left data comes from right / right data comes from left. You dont want to drive far like this but if the problem moves sides then you know its connector in to the jeep problem vs connector out to hub issue.

One option would be to just replace the hub all together though i know thats not a cheap fix but it takes the whole assembly / sensor mismatch out of the question. If you jack the jeep up and grab the top and 'wiggle' it in and out does it move? maybe its a bad hub already?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts