Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced sensor. Same symptoms that made me change it still exist. Did I miss something.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yep. You replaced the wrong part. Why did you replace it just outta curiosity? What kinda Jeep ya got? What mods ya got?

Welcome to the forum. Fill out your profile and help us help you out. Lotta smart folks here. A few smart butts!

:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2014 Sahara unlimited. Traction control light and abs light on. Feel a drag like traction control or something was trying to in-gauge. Friend said his wife’s did that and it was sensor. So I changed it and same stuff is happening. First Jeep I owned and not to Knowledgeable with them yet. Any pointers for my issue would help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
There’s a sensor at each wheel. Did you use an ABS code reader to identify the faulty one?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Is there a check engine light? That will show if a wire is broken. If you replaced a rear sensor, there's a lot of wire between the connector and the abs computer. Fronts have lots of wire with the new sensor.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Also might be a wheel bearing. Same symptoms and it turned out that the wheel bearings had worn enough for the wheel speed sensors to not be able to pick up the tone wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts