Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire and wheel combo help please.. Will this work??

Getting ready to order a set of wheel and possibly tires. Heres where I'm at right now.

Will add a leveling kit, 2" in the front 1" in the back.. Or just a inch in front if possible.

New 17" MB72's with 285-70-17 tires. The MB's are 8.5 wide and come in 2 back spaces. This is where I'm a bit troubled.

17x8.5 with 25mm

or

17"x8.5 with -6mm

Don't want to stick out of the fenders, or keep it to a minimum.

I will never go any bigger than the 285 (or 33-11.50-17) because it's my DD. It is 98% street driven and the rest would be fire/gravel/forest service roads. No rock crawling, or mud.

Going to order the wheels for sure..on the fence (going to sleep on it tonight) on new tires right now.. Looking for a good AT type tire thats not to noisy.

Thanks guys for any help.

Smitty​

·
Registered
55 Posts
-6mm, on an 8.5" wheel that's a 4.51" backspace.

I just purchased 16x8.5 Level 8 Strike 5's and a set of 295/75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Road noise is nothing, gas mileage is improved over the stock Rubicon MT's. (@65-70mph home from the Badlands with the tires down 2psi from ideal, I achieved 22mpg with my 4.10's and 34's!)

Total weight of my stock Rubi tires and wheels: 72lbs.
Total weight of my new setup: 78lbs.

I had the Nitto's down to 18psi out in the Badlands of Attica, IN this weekend. Didn't let me down at all. The only down side I've heard is getting into deep sticky mud, something I didn't encounter on this trip. So I can't speak to how they'll perform in that case. In every other case they did great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts