Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are thousands of post on here about people asking about wheel/tire combos and fitment, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for so here I am. I am looking at upgrading to 17x8 pro comp series 52 steel wheels. They have 4.25" of backspacing. I want to mount 305/70/17 goodyear kevlar tires on it. I have a 2010 JKU with a 2" lift and a stubby bumper. I also have trailmod removable fenders, but I have to have the extensions on while driving on the road due to PA laws. Can I expect any rubbing, would spacers add any benefit to me? I have 3.73 auto, but I've added a flashpaq to help. I plan on regearing to 4.88(I don't tow or plan to go to 35's) and do lockers eventually. Just wanted to know what mpg I could expect before I regear. Any help is appreciated and thanks for all the great help this forum has given me already :thumb:

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
You should not need spacers with 4.25 back spacing.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
You'll probably rub the front air dam, but a quick slice of the plastic fixes that easily. Removal works too.. :) Other than that, you shouldn't rub anywhere with that small bs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts