Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jeep Community! I was wondering if anyone has any advice/suggestions for a newbie looking to upgrade my wheels and tires. I've got a 2010 JK Mountain that currently has the stock (Moab?) wheels and BFGoodrich Mud-Terrains. A buddy of mine hooked me up with a guy at a local branch of a national chain of tire shops, and he has agreed to get me 5 new black wheels (pic below), 5 new all-terrain tires, and a 2.5 lift kit (which I asked for) all installed for $2900. Good deal, too expensive? Any experienced suggestions are welcomed! First pic is my current setup, second is the new black wheels that we are currently looking at (which I like, but the selection seemed kinda limited in my opinion). Thanks in advance for all advice/suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Depends on specifics on the lift, tires and wheels.

A 2.5" lift for a JK can be had for $150 and if you really shop around for tires and wheels you can actually get some 35s, tires and wheels for $1250 if you go for a 15" wheel.

Then on the other hand, you can get a 2.5" lift for $1200 and easily spend another $2500 on wheels and tires though I seriously doubt that would be the set up you would be getting.

If you can get specifics on the lift, wheels and tires we can answer the question better for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I guess I should clarify my original post a bit to help those who are trying to help me. I have no doubts that what I'm getting is priced fairly if not better (the guy I'm working with is a very honest individual), I guess I'm just asking if anyone knows of a cheaper route to get a similar setup without getting into downright junky quality parts.

I'd like to get a 2.5 in lift kit with coils and shocks (no spacers), 5 black matte 17's (preferably with a bit of an offset, I like the aggressive look it creates), and a good (not amazing) set of 5 all-terrain or mud-terrain tires.

Long story short, I'm not very well versed on what's going to be bad vs good vs amazing, and I'm open to spend some money, but I don't think that I need top of the line anything just yet.

·
Registered
712 Posts
So you're likely looking at $600 for wheels, $1000 for tires minimum. Then there is the mounting and balancing for $150ish. A decent lift will run $750.

That comes up to $2500, not including any tax or installation for the lift.

On the surface it would seem like a decent deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts