Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new wheels and I was wondering what is better for my tire shop as far as weights for balancing the tires on the new wheels. This Jeep is not my DD but rather a weekend warrior. So it does see trails and some road-around town driving. I do plan to air down on the trails once I get On-Board Air. I was wondering between the three of Tire Beads, Glue on weights, or just the normal that is placed on the outer rings. Is there any other kind of weights that I am not aware of that is better? Any advise will be great!

Tires are 31x10.5 (but I do plan to go to 33"s when the 31's are done)
Wheels are 15x8

·
Registered
11 Posts
I balanced my tires with stick on weights on the inside of the wheel close to the outer plane of the wheel (side facing outwards) and hammer on weights on the inside (side facing inward) if that makes sense? I have a habit of peeling weights off or pushing them around the wheel. Plus i like the uncluttered look of no weights my 33s needed 4 to 6 oz. on the outside. The shop i work in doesn't stock the type of weights that are needed for aftermarket wheels larger than 2 oz. so that would have been more weights on the outside than what I wanted. Or maybe I'm just picky?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts