Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends, my daughter, and me went to Summertown this past weekend. This is one of the places Extreme 4x4 tests and films some of their stuff (the other place is Wooly's Offroad, south of Nashville).

We had some fun, and a bit of carnage. :)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More...

No, the orange jeep did NOT get stuck... engine was running the whole time.

When he broke the shock, we used a hilift to flex out the driver rear side to reseat the spring and used a ratchet strap to form a limiting strap.

Later in the day, he had a root go through his passenger front valve stem - a 1 in a million shot. Lost that bead as he tried to get out of some of those holes. The hilift was used again to jack up the Jeep and remove the tire so the bead could be resat. Refilled it with his CO2 tank.

Fun day!!!

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
That looks pretty hard core. Dirt and mud to keep things slick. Great pictures, they look like they could go in a magazine.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Nice pics Erick. I broke a shock just like that a few weeks ago.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Looks like a great time!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
if i ever get a darn lift your gonna have to ring me up next time yall go.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wheelin in the Country is about 45 minutes from my house. Next time ya'll go let me know and I can gather some of the guys and we will tag along. We alwasy have a good time down there and at Wooly's.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, it's about an hour for us in Huntsville (I'm in NW area). I have friends in Lawrenceburg, so they go quite a bit. WITC is where I flopped my TJ last year. This year, my DAUGHTER ran the trail that I flopped on, Bents and Dents, but it is actually one of the easier trails.

NWilhelm, you could run some of it stock. Turkey Bay up in KY is much more stock friendly with lots of bypasses for the obstacles. I MAY be going there 6/2-3, but our group is also going to Greyrock 6/8-10.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts