Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in going out? I'm down for whatever, stock, green, and itchin' to get out with some others.:wavey:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Not sure where you are but myself, and a TJ (and possibly some others) are thinking about hitting Sand Lake this weekend...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sand lake sounds a little boring to me, but I guess I should try anything once.. Are there any trails involved? I to am in Portland. What day/time are you heading out?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have never been to sand lake before either, so I have no idea. I know they have some large 4x4 events out there, so there must be something cool....I'll let you know schedules.

Dealership might be done with my Jeep by tomorrow PM. If not, I'll keep their loaner for the weekend (Challenger) and do it another time.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Anyone interested in going out? I'm down for whatever, stock, green, and itchin' to get out with some others.:wavey:
Wheeling in a stock Jeep is fun :punk:.

But you do have front and rear recovery points and a CB for trail communications, yes?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheeling in a stock Jeep is fun :punk:.

But you do have front and rear recovery points and a CB for trail communications, yes?
I've recovery points on the front, and a tow strap that has worked well for the rear. Working on the CB thing. For 10k, probably should have gotten a bit more jeep than I did, might be returning this one and getting a better value jeep.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, since no one wanted to go out, I hit up browns camp, and had a great afternoon!

Hit some the 14's, and lets just say I'm extremely glad I had the come along along for the ride. ;) Do wish it was a winch though.. High on my list.

Oh, and I'm headed out again tomorrow if there's anyone interested. Still no CB (the one I bought of craigslist is broken,) but I've got that coming on Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Wow, by 14 you mean trail 14 - Firebreak 5? Pretty intense when it's wet and muddy. Be careful, especially when wheeling alone. I used to explore Browns Camp by myself but I have a 12v winch and manual come-along, shovel and other recovery equipment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, by 14 you mean trail 14 - Firebreak 5? Pretty intense when it's wet and muddy. Be careful, especially when wheeling alone. I used to explore Browns Camp by myself but I have a 12v winch and manual come-along, shovel and other recovery equipment.
I'm sure I'm a bit insane, but I made it through. I passed by firebreak 5 after chickening out on the whole trail 14 thing.

Run Nov 4th
Yes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts