Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today me and my buddy in a stock ranger with my stock jeep went to a local place to offroad. I have learned so much from you guys about offroading I was pretty confident. I took my jeep a little out of my comfort level but not really. Its more like offroading but it was a good time. I thought I would share this with you guys!!!

Yeah the all terrains dont clean out well but it may have been me not spinning them. They did very good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

All cleaned up. It was a great day.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
glad you've had fun. the key is to find your limit. your comfort zone is one thing but your limit is another. also know your vehicles limits. theres nothing worse than breaking an axle 20 miles from anything. next don't be too rough on your friend for needing to get pulled out, he may not want to go with you next time, and you might be the one who needs recovery.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I wasent picking on him its all good. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
We got to try out my new gear yesterday too. My lady never takes good pics when she spots me though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice thats cool did you regear with 33s? and it looks like you have the savvy 4 inch kit nice! I am looking at getting the currie 4 inch system with rancho rs9000xls with rear adjustable track bar by currie with aa sye and tom woods driveshaft with 33 by 10.5 km2s and black soft 8s but we will see thats my plan as of now.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I have 4.88's in there now, it's a Currie 4 inch with Savvy uppers in back. Bunch of Savvy and Currie now and I couldn't be happier...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok cool thats good to know. I am trying to do it right that way i dont have to replace anything unless I break it in which I will call currie and tell them about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
You can't go wrong with any of Currie or Savvy's products. I have gotten most of everything I have on my rig from Savvy's designer Blaine Johnson and my rig would not be the same without him. All of my suspension and armor are actually from his wife's TJ. My lower arms have about 60000 miles on them and the Johnnie joints are as tight as the new ones on my uppers.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice thats cool from what i understand currie is a separate company from savvy. currie is the manufacturer and makes the parts for savvy offraod. so there is not much of a difference between currie and savvy parts because there both made by currie with the same amount of quality. Right?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
2003 wrangler said:
nice thats cool from what i understand currie is a separate company from savvy. currie is the manufacturer and makes the parts for savvy offraod. so there is not much of a difference between currie and savvy parts because there both made by currie with the same amount of quality. Right?
Currie and Savvy are two completely different companies. Savvy builds their own parts, but uses some Currie components, like Johnny joints. Both great off road high quality parts for sure.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Correct. Both top notch companies with quality parts and excellent customer service.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok cool so Im sticking with the currie if I can get it for the price that I expect. Thank you guys I was wondering why people reccomend them as "currie/savvy" because they are both good high quality companies for suspension. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts