Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellow jeepers, I'm still kind of beginning in wheeling but do have some experience. I'm planning on going wheeling this summer with some friends at Interlake off-road park Indiana, we would be going alone, is this a bad idea? I've heard that this park is not too extreme and they have trails for all skill levels. My '99 TJ Sahara is totally stock except for the bumpers and I'm planning on getting a winch before I go

·
Registered
366 Posts
Going alone is a bad idea, but if you must...
1. Let someone know where you are and when you will return.
2. Don't rely on cell phone service, but bring it in case something happens.
3. Don't go in the middle of the night when most people aren't out.
4. If something looks like it's too much for you or your vehicle, save it for another time.
5. Do your research about where you're going.

One thing you can do is hop on the local threads here and see if someone is in your area and wants to go out that day. You could also post on Facebook or Twitter or something asking if people with vehicles want to join you.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I wheel alone in my stock 2001 sport all the time. I look over everything and If I don't feel confident about it I don't do it. As a general rule I avoid mud. Georgia clay is super sticky. I understand my jeeps capabilities better than I use to and I now do things I wouldn't a year ago. It will do a lot more than you think it can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts