Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Im new to the wheeling world. Ive taken my jeep crawling a little bit. also Ive taken mudding and was curious if wheeling without the doors on would matter if i went into deeper water? i understand the water will come into the jeep im not worried about that. i guess a better question would be is it common to go into fairly deep water without the doors on?

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
lol i have been sitting in water many times in the past. just open the back when you get home and spray her out with a hose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i already removed the carpet and bedlined the inside so im not worried about the rust. mudding without doors is messy so ive had to spray her out a couple times haha but im planning to go to an offroad park soon and was just curious cuz i love riding with no doors and dont feel like lugging them up there haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks by the way

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
If its your first trip to that place I would go doors on. I will always wheel a new place with top on and doors on also just to test the water. If its not to bad I will go doors off and topf off also next time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah ill prolly go up there this winter so ill need the doors on haha and posts i have been in mud already i totally know what u mean about cleaning haha im still cleaning it haha

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Stay out of the mud. You'll be cleaning for weeks. Trust me lol

I am with this. My JKU was ruined because of mud. I went into red mountain mud and it caked onto the underbelly of the Jeep and would never come back off.

I really don't like mud.. I just enjoy decent water fording and crawling. Either you're a mudder or you're not. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Mud sucks. I try to avoid it if at all possible. I hate wheeling with doors, but in CT sometimes you have no choice. It's so much easier to see where your tires are without doors. I should have gotten the heated seats, maybe that would have helped. :D

My old jeep in the pic - no doors, but top cuz it was raining. It wasn't too deep, just enough to come in over the sills a little bit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sueby said:
Mud sucks. I try to avoid it if at all possible. I hate wheeling with doors, but in CT sometimes you have no choice. It's so much easier to see where your tires are without doors. I should have gotten the heated seats, maybe that would have helped. :D

My old jeep in the pic - no doors, but top cuz it was raining. It wasn't too deep, just enough to come in over the sills a little bit.
Hey buddy, any public land in Ct that you know of for wheeling that you can pass along to me...theres not much around here

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Aside from a wet butt and tree branches in the face its fun. If you're like me and love the mud the cleanup is an afterthought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts