Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I put on 6inch pocket flares tonight and they look kind of dumb because there so much wider than the tires. I was looking into backspaced cragar's but all I could find was 4 inch backspacing, is that wide enough to at least make my tires flush with the fender flares. I have 31x10.5 on now.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
aarond said:
Hey guys I put on 6inch pocket flares tonight and they look kind of dumb because there so much wider than the tires. I was looking into backspaced cragar's but all I could find was 4 inch backspacing, is that wide enough to at least make my tires flush with the fender flares. I have 31x10.5 on now.

thanks for the help
I have 31s on with Cragar 352s with 3.75 of back space and BFG ATs and they only stick out about 2 inches from stock flares.. If that helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
I run 33x10.5 bfg at on 4.75 bs wheels and they fit perfectly under the stock flares and do not rub , I do not like the skate board look

·
Registered
876 Posts
You'll be close to the look you want with 4" of backspace...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the fenders hang over the tires by at LEAST two inches, so you think 4 inches of backspacing will bring the tires flush with the edge of the fenders? I thought 3.75 inches would almost not be enough.. I'll post pics tomorrow for reference and some opinions.

thanks again

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah the fenders hang over the tires by at LEAST two inches, so you think 4 inches of backspacing will bring the tires flush with the edge of the fenders? I thought 3.75 inches would almost not be enough.. I'll post pics tomorrow for reference and some opinions.

thanks again
i might be reading this wrong, but you might be confused...

the lower the number - the wider the stance

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I run 33 1250 on 3.75 and they stick out about an inch on my 6" pocket flares.
No option to step up to 33's.

·
Registered
555 Posts
4" BS is perfect for 6" fender flares.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts