Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but the large thread on here about the MB wheels with duratracts had me about to place the order for a set with the MB Chaos wheels. I ran down to local DT and they beat the DTD price. DTD price was 1530.00 delivered. Figured I had to pay someone to install them so maybe 80 bucs more. The local DT quoted 1499.00. Wheels were 90 each, tires 170. They will also remove sensors from old and install in new. Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone about to jump on the DTD wagon. One more thing I want to ask, sure this combo will work on my 2010 Wrangler Unlimited, no lift? Thanks.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Man I wish I had a DT near me. The places near me all charge an arm and a leg for anything compared to TR or DT...

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Scottmich001 said:
33x12.50r15 with 15x8 wheels
The standard package. :)

Assuming the backspace is good you should be fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The standard package. :)

Assuming the backspace is good you should be fine.
I'm not real brilliant about the back spacing specs. However I've seen a few JK's with these wheels. Are there back spacing options with these wheels that I should check before ordering?

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Scottmich001 said:
I'm not real brilliant about the back spacing specs. However I've seen a few JK's with these wheels. Are there back spacing options with these wheels that I should check before ordering?
4.5 bs is the min I believe.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone about to jump on the DTD wagon.
It's two arms of the same company. When I was PMing with DTD, they recommended I also go a check with my local DT store. DTD will be just as happy if you buy from them direct or from your local store.

One more thing I want to ask, sure this combo will work on my 2010 Wrangler Unlimited, no lift? Thanks.
33x12.50r15 with 15x8 wheels
Assuming you're getting the 15x8 Chaos 5s, it'll work fine for turning left/right without rubbing. Those wheels have 3.75" of backspacing.

As to the lift, you won't need one for driving around on the roads. You will however need either a lift or flat fender flares if you go offroad. The new wheels will push the tires out from under your fender flares, and they'll rub against your fender flares whenever your suspension "flexes" offroad. A lift or flat flares will also make the jeep "look better" in most people's opinion, simply because it's going to look like you've got a whole lot of tire stuffed in there.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
3.75 :banghead:
That's what I have.

Where did I get 4.5 from? Ugh.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
3.75 :banghead:
That's what I have.

Where did I get 4.5 from? Ugh.
You were right--4.5" is about the minimum backspacing you'd want on 8" wide wheels. I think the AEVs get away with 5", but 4.5" is a good guide when selecting wheels. Our Black Rocks have 4" of backspacking.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
MTH said:
You were right--4.5" is about the minimum backspacing you'd want on 8" wide wheels. I think the AEVs get away with 5", but 4.5" is a good guide when selecting wheels. Our Black Rocks have 4" of backspacking.
I'll get it right someday. LOL

Btw I got the leveling kit on. Finally.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 3.75 bs will make tire stick out farther than 4.50 correct? If so will that look ok. Spending 1500.00 I want it to look sweet. I take it the Chaos doesn't have bs options? Sorry to be another newbie pita.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok well I hope I'm making the right decision, I'm about to head to DT and make the purchase. There's a little time left if someone wants to stop me.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Scottmich001 said:
Ok well I hope I'm making the right decision, I'm about to head to DT and make the purchase. There's a little time left if someone wants to stop me.
It's an appearance issue--will YOU like it is the question. How long have you had the jeep? There's something to be said for just slowing down, looking at pictures, meeting some Jeepers and going wheeling, etc. Educating yourself is a good thing. That said, yes, it should look fine.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
There's nothing stopping you.

What the hell is stopping me :facepalm:
No kidding. Come on slowpoke.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Done deal!! Placed the order. Was able to squak a couple more bucks off the price. They will remove the tpms of the old and install the new no charge. Total Good Year Wrangler Duratracts 33x12.5R15 on MB Chaos 15x8. For 1484.00 mounted. Thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts