Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to upgrade wheels and tires on my 2012 jeep and I haven't a clue what size tire to go with but I know that I want a wider tire stance. I was thinking of 17x9 Fuel Throttle wheels on Goodyear Duratracs, no lift. Will this work? I know 10 will give me the wider tire but I'm worried about the tires rubbing with no lift. Also what size tire will give me that wider look on a 9?

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
708 Posts
17x9 will get you plenty wide. These are 315/70/17 Duratracs on 17x9 wheels with stock fenders that I trimmed in my garage. I have a 2.5" lift though. If you trim your fenders or replace with flats you should be fine.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
no lift? it will fit.
4.5 backspacing on wheels and 285/70/17 Duratracs without doing anything else.

Might I add... that specific wheel has the valve stems sticking straight up between the spokes. Its pretty hard to air up/down if you plan on doing so offroad.

Last, be sure its 5x5 only. Fuel offroad might have it in various bolt patterns just being hidden by the plastic centercap. trying to fit 3/10 holes in the spare tire ain't pretty.

Otherwise if your ok with that, go for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! @dawhitesJKU I found the wheel and exact tire based on the tire size you recommended. I see how the valve stem comes straight up and how it can be hard to fit a gauge in there. I really like these wheels though. I have an all white jeep unlimited with white fenders, chrome grille, tail light guards and gas cap so I'm trying to find a wheel with some chrome that will look good on white. I have the black soft top for summer and white hard top for winter...Yes, I'm a girl btw. lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts