Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Tough to get a 15" wheel that does not stick way out, stick with 17" wheels either stock or 4.5" or a little more backspacing.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
texasdave said:
Not really concerned with looks, more daily driving and if the 33's caused any issues. I'm not a rock crawler, just trails and ranch property.
In that case, it won't make much difference. It's probably cheaper to go with the 15s. But for a good set of 33s like DuraTracs, chances are you'll be satisfied with either 17" or 15" wheels. Have you considered 16s?

·
Registered
103 Posts
There's more wheel options in 16 than 15 and both are cheaper than 17. Up to you about what you like better. 15's will stick out farther though.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Here's my '11 with 16s and 285s. I think it's the perfect balance. It's a shame that all the 285s for 16s are "D" and "E" rated though.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
These are 285's on 17's. Love em. I got the 17x9's so I can go up to 35x12.50's when I get the money for a lift and re gearing it. Saw a guy at 4 wheel parts the other day with 37's and 5.something gears. HUGE!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
since its a daily driver consider ride quality as well. what are the roads like? straight? curvy? bumpy? also you'll want to consider road noise and rolling resistance. most of all what appeals to YOU most and what best suits your budget? What size do you currently have on your jeep?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Have you considered 16s?
^^^This.

Good compromise, and if you decide at some point that you want 35" DuraTracs, you won't have to buy new rims or different tires (DT doesn't make 35's in the 15" size).

I'm running 16's with my DT's. :punk:

·
Registered
35 Posts
MikeK46 said:
I disagree, I'm running 285s on 17's I don't think my wheels are "all metal."
I don't think they are all metal either, If you'd go to 18's ( don't know why,but once I saw a Wrangler with 20's and low profile tires. It was DISGUSTING. Not to mention it was a sahara with the body colored fenders, which i think takes away from the rugged-ness of it. I wish I had a photo of that jeep on 20's, but there is not a doubt in my mind it was an auto and owned by a colored person. Any one with some sense would never but chrome ghetto fab wheels on an off road machine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts