Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas on good looking wheels (in the 17x9 flavor) for my Gobi JKU. Thinking about the anthracite options from Fuel, but can't find a site that allows you to see how they look with a Gobi Jeep. Input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured I should also note that I have a particular hatred for chrome wheels, and that I'm attempting to go with something different than the usual black wheels, as the stock ones are already black.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My stock Willys in Gobi is just the way I'm going to leave it, stock. I think the Rubicon wheels that come on the Willys give it a great look and see no reason to upgrade anything. As being a "Boomer" and hanging out a DQ's across this great country, stock Jeeps just do it for me.

trainman

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Figured I should also note that I have a particular hatred for chrome wheels, and that I'm attempting to go with something different than the usual black wheels, as the stock ones are already black.

I hear you on this. I'm in the same boat with my Gobi Rubicon. Currently considering the Black Rhino Armory Wheels in desert sand and ATX AX201's in an effort to not have black.

http://www.tsw.com/img/truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-armory-8-lug-desert-sand-std-org.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are good looking. Wonder how they will look in different lighting though, since Gobi is a chameleon of sorts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's what I'm worried about.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I met a fellow here last week with a new 17 Rubicon Recon in Gobi. He just installed some Beadlocks and had a shop paint the outer ring in Gobi. Just a killer look.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts