Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Looking to get new tires/wheels this coming Spring but not very tech savvy when it comes to this topic.

2015 Sahara stock:
Tires: P255/70R18
Wheels: 18″ diameter, 7.5″ width
1.75" spacers

I'd like a wider/taller tire, no lift. I've read a lot of posts & looks like I should go with a 35" on 17" wheels?

Any suggestions and/or pics would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
You can go as tall as a 33" without a lift. You will need to keep the spacers to not rub if you are going to keep the stock wheels. 275/70/18 is a 33" tire.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Understand the spacers with larger tires and stock wheels, but in his post he still has stock tires and stock wheels with spacers?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies everyone. "He" is a "She" lol
And I don't plan on using the stock rims.
I'd like new rims & tires... I do like the wider stance which is why I have spacers on my stock tires & rims.
I'd like less vertical space between tire & fender and of course the wider stance too.
So, that's why I originally posted for help :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
A 285/65-18 (33x11.50) would be the best fit for the stock wheels with no lift.

·
Super Moderator
4,584 Posts
If you are not keeping the stock wheels, you should not need the spacers. Most aftermarket wheels have backspacing that gives a similar stance to your stock wheels with spacers. As to wheel size and tire size, 17" wheels are a great choice. The tires tend to be cheaper than 18" tires. But wheel size is a matter of taste much like the stance you have gone to. As mentioned, 33" tires, whether on 17" wheels, 18" wheels, or whatever, are usually the biggest people run without a lift / leveling kit of some sort. And personally I would not go over 32" tires without at least a leveling kit.
I would read these threads.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/largest-tire-on-stock-jk-heres-your-answer-142837.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/so-you-want-bigger-tires-755625.html
That should answer most, if not all, of your questions.
Going much bigger than what you have now is going to alter your gearing. The bigger you go the more it changes your gearing. Whether that will matter to you depends on you and how you drive / where you drive. Bigger tires will make your Jeep slower. You can usually get away with a little bigger with minimal difference. But what gearing you started with along with what size tires you go with and what you expect from your Jeep may mean that what works for one person may not work for you, or vice versa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts